Favourite wrestlers of relatives who don't like wrestling

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

My mom liked Taka Michinoku. I'd often have wrestling on and him vs Sasuke drew comments of how quick Taka was. From then on any show I put on I'd get asked if it had the fast Chinese lad was on the show. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad still, STILL, mentions the fucking Bushwhackers whenever wrestling is bought up, with a sarcastic weird “wheeeey”

”I’m going to the O2 to see WWE”

”Wheeeeey, are the Bushwhackers going to be there?”

”I watched WrestleMania last night”

”Wheeeeey, did the Bushwhackers appear?”

”I see the government are still wrestling with the complexities of Brexit”

” Wheeeeey, article 50 BUSHWHACKERS”

• Paid Members

My Dad came in a bit worse for wear after an afternoon session at the pub and shouted “WILLIE THORNE!!!” at the TV when Jake the Snake was on screen. 

That was the only time he ever interacted with the TV, but he would often get us in headlocks and shout “ONE-AH....TWO-AH.....THREE-AH”! 

9 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I swear my mum used to love Mick Foley back in the days he was facing Trips in that 'He is bonkers I feel sorry for him' kind of way.

I don't think I have the heart to the tell her what a weirdo he is nowadays though. 

Im with you on this one, I think my mum sort of adopted my love for Foley when I was a teenager and bought me his first two books as xmas presents.

She was made up when I met him in 05 at International Showdown, I didnt have the heart to tell her he was a miserable bastard.

My grandad was one of those that loved the wrestling in the seventies and eighties but didn't like that American muck but he loved 90's cruiserweights. We'd take tapes round when we'd stop at my grandparents house on a Friday night or watch WCW when it was on Channel 5. He'd be bored shitless chuntering when the big lads were on but would be on the edge of his seat when the likes of Mysterio, Kidman and the lucha guys were flying round the ring.

My Mrs hates WWE but weirdly loves Britwres and going to shows. The sight of Martin Kirby's thighs does strange things to that woman.

• Paid Members

My Dad always liked William Regal. The only wrestling he'd really watched post-World of Sport was when I'd watch Smackdown on a Saturday morning, and he'd be doing the housework. Regal's the only one I have any real recollection of him commenting positively on, or remembering their name. Any bald bloke was Stone Cold Steve Austin. Anyone over 35 was "bloody hell, are they still doing it?".

• Paid Members

My other half likes Sheamus. She was very happy when he won the Rumble, but lost interest when he turned heel. 

• Paid Members

Tenuous excuse to remember when my dad was at a live show with me and when Luna Vachon came out with Bam Bam he exclaimed "What the hell's that thing?"

When Diesel came out he went Art Donovan and said "Bloody hell, how's tall he then??"

Archived