Favourite wrestlers of relatives who don't like wrestling

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Me and my brothers used to drive my mum mad with all the wrestling we watched when we younger but if The Undertaker was on, she'd drop everything to watch him.

When we told her the Streak was over - "Well that's just bloody typical!"

Otherwise she just didn't care AT ALL. Although when we were watching Raw one night, Perry Saturn was on and she commented, "Bloody hell, look at Tattoo Harry there."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My mate's mum would have to be called into the room when Jake Roberts was on and she would coo a bit. Incidentally Jake Roberts looked quite a lot like my mate's dad. She also like Rick Martel, but she wasn't bothered if you didn't call her in for him.

• Paid Members

My mum loved Rick Rude. I think everybody's did at some point, though.Ā 

• Paid Members

My Dad HATED wrestling and did everything to dissuade me from watching it.

When we first got Sky in 1993 his favourite pastime was pointing out where wrestlers stomped their feet on the matĀ to coincide with a punch or to point out moves that obviously didn't connect. I noticed that the only time he'd be quiet was when Bret Hart wrestled, although he'd never admit it of course.

He asked me a few months back what happened to Bret when he noticed his autobiography as part of my book collection, and seemed genuinely gutted when I told him about his concussions, stroke and cancer struggles.

My Mum loved Hacksaw Jim Duggan for some reason and even paid for me to have a photo with him when she heard he was at Wales Comic Con a few years back.

11178230_10205682011306258_8792115082545

• Paid Members

My old man continues to say 'wrestling is just fat Americans shouting at each other', but he bloody loves him some Big Show. He said to me and my bro one time that he was impressed a bloke that size could do some of the moves that he did. Fair one.

• Paid Members

My Dad begrudgingly took me and my best mate to Raw in Manchester back in 2004 - he thinks it's all bollocks and spent the whole night slagging it off, but he thought Ric Flair was the bollocks and loved joining in with all the woos, and got really into the six-man tag main event where Evolution (Ric, Dave, Trippers) faced B?????, Edge and HBK.Ā From that point he would always ask about what he's up to or how he was getting on - I showed him the celebrations from when he won the IC title and he was absolutely pissing himself.Ā 

• Paid Members

My oullad loved the Honky Tonk Man and woke me up for school one morning strumming a mandolin and doing a hip swivel while singing "I'm just a Honky Tonk Mang" and just walked back out. I'll take that one with me for a long time.Ā 

And the missus maintains that 'your man, H7' is very attractive.Ā 

• Paid Members

My girlfriend, having been made to sit stony-faced through a Royal Rumble, and a fair few TakeoversĀ is very interested in Velveteen Dream, and regularly asks for update on his status. She also is fascinated with Ric Flair, in particular his refuted claim that he slept with Halle Berry.Ā 

Even though he referred to him as Banana Man, Hogan was the only person my dad didnt say "turn this shit off" to.

He took me to a show Bulldog was on over here in between him leaving WWF and joining WCW in 93 and referred to him as British Bullshit all night.

Archived