Dean Ambrose leaves the ukff

mim731

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Triple H’s last Wrestlemania match was a against Seth and the one before that was against Roman.

His last Mania match was showing arse for Ronda.

• Awards Moderator

I just rewatched the Stone Cold podcast with Dean Ambrose. It's from August 8 2016. In hindsight it's even worse than I remember.

Within 3 minutes Dean is pausing and stuttering when asked about his upbringing. It sounds like a trash childhood where he's pretty much abandoned, but in the next sentence says what a great time he had. A couple of minutes later he repeats what a low opinion he has of school, and then pretty much says he did a ton of drugs. Oh, then he admits to a bunch of shoplifting. 

Not every public figure champ has to be squeaky Cena clean, but sorta bragging about this stuff without condemning it is not what WWE (or any public company) wants. It has to be 'yeah I had my demons but I fought hard to overcome them."

There's also this really eggy bit where Ambrose says 'where'd you get this stuff? The Internet?" and Steve replies "no, from your interviews."

Dean then talks about getting the call from WWE in a matter of fact way. Steve starts turning pink at this point: "dude, does anything rev your tachometer? You just got the call of your life! WHAT EXCITES YOU?" Steve backs away from this once Dean starts praising Dusty Rhodes (safe place to go). 

Then there's a decent twenty minutes of Shield and other recent history, but it's in the last 90 seconds it falls apart. 

"I got a challenge for you... I pushed the envelope, I challenge you now to raise the bar. Amp up and amplify everything you got. You've rested on your laurels." Dean responds meekly "I am offended by that."

"I wanna see more shit out of you. GIVE IT TO ME."

Dean says "You can kick and scream but at the end of the day you're in someone else's sandbox." He stammers for a bit and says he likes being challenged. Then the show abruptly ends. 

He was practically invited to a promo battle by Stone Cold and said well, yeah I try my best. Limp. Ambrose showed that he just doesn't have the extra edge to go beyond himself and turn it up.

This was the last Stone Cold Network podcast to date. Dean lost the title on September 11, the next available high-profile chance following the interview*. Coincidence? 

*next available chance where he wasn't facing Ziggler. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

He was practically invited to a promo battle by Stone Cold and said well, yeah I try my best.

Worth mentioning as well that this is something Austin has done to quite a few people; whether it's to try and get that kind of passion out of them, at the behest of WWE (when it's a WWE guy he's interviewing, particularly if it's on the Network), or if he wants to help a guy out by working an angle with them to get some headlines (he did this for MJF more recently), and Ambrose is the only guy I've ever heard completely fail to rise to it. 

In hindsight, I wonder if he was already fed up with it all back then.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Worth mentioning as well that this is something Austin has done to quite a few people; whether it's to try and get that kind of passion out of them, at the behest of WWE (when it's a WWE guy he's interviewing, particularly if it's on the Network), or if he wants to help a guy out by working an angle with them to get some headlines (he did this for MJF more recently), and Ambrose is the only guy I've ever heard completely fail to rise to it. 

In hindsight, I wonder if he was already fed up with it all back then.

I don't think it's a behest thing; on his non-WWE podcast he often slips into character mode briefly and they enjoy back and forth.

I also wrote down that Ambrose said "I'm giving a chill vibe..." three times in the 60 minute interview. No shit!

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Statto said:

Ambrose vs Nia Jax being advertised as an "intergender special attraction" for a house show the week after next.

(PS  - I'm in the 'it's all a work' camp, for what little that's worth)

Are they gauging response ahead of a PPV match? 

"Could you put Nia over on your way out?" 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

I hope to god this happens

At Mania as the "cool down match" right before Rousey Vs Becky and/orCharlotte.