Dean Ambrose leaves the ukff

mim731

20 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I think it’s just an analogy. Moxley’s been in “jail” since 2011 and has now broke free.

I think it is more the lunatic breaking out the asylum as an ode to his nickname than anything else.

Edited by FUM

25 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

That dice graphic on the wall at 1:15 is surely a hint to something.. There's money put up for the video. AEW? Impact? Or could it be a massive WWE swerve?

im going for a swerve. When have WWE made such a thing out of a wrestlers last match before?. Even for Hart in 97 they briefly mentioned that it "could" be Bret harts last match before leaving but for a person they had put in the mid card they make such an investment into saying he's going. 

Im going for a SS return under the Moxley name to detach him from the Shield completely

Edited by Sheffbag

I kept alternating between him leaving was either a work or just a case of WWE desperately trying to stop him going with how they hyped up that he was off. I'd love it if this vignette was a swerve and he comes back repackaged but I seriously doubt it will be- bloody barbed wire knuckles isn't really what WWE in 2019 are all about.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

That feels like it has been produced by either NJPW or AEW. He's certainly not going to produce something like that on his own just to head to the indies. 

Not particularity. He's creating hype for himself for those who only know him as goofy Dean Ambrose. Have you not seen the high caliber of video production that independent wrestlers and independent wrestling companies invest in now? Ambrose self-financing a video that advertises his change in character and his new availability is just as likely as a company producing them for him.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Have you not seen the high caliber of video production that independent wrestlers and independent wrestling companies invest in now?

Genuinely, no. Got any examples?

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The David Starr one for Progress' SSS 16 this year is really impressive. Very different tone to this one though, it's literally just him talking to camera so maybe not the best example but the quality is there for all to see.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

OTT produce fantastic hype videos. 

This is the build-up video for Jordan Devlin vs David Starr and is probably the best representation;

And this one too, hyping up the Devlin vs WALTER rematch, also really fucking good;

GCW excel at this area too.

Here's them announcing who Joey Janela's opponent at a show will be;

Here's Joey Janela announcing his return;

That's just off the top of my head. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

This, from OTT, is pretty fucking impressive for a small independent company. Still think someone financed Mox’s video though.

EDIT: Ah, beaten to it!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Cheers @Accident Prone. Interesting vids.

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

This, from OTT, is pretty fucking impressive for a small independent company. Still think someone financed Mox’s video though.

Agree. All of those videos are outstanding production but use natural elements. The Ambrose video with the prison set just looks like proper TV stuff. Far bigger production and budget. To @Onyx2 point earlier, he could have financed it himself but I don't get what's in it for him to do that. Looks like about 100 (good) indy pay offs minimum tied up in that video.

• Paid Members

I was fascinated by him saying on Jericho’s podcast that if he ever left WWE he’d do a big death match because they pay so well, then fuck off to live in the wilderness. 

How much are guys getting for death matches?! I never figured it was much. There’s only ever about a hundred people in the crowd!

It’s a shame (for WWE) that it almost certainly isn’t a swerve because his final lines in his final interview (below) was one of the most interesting and intriguing promos in ages and easily the coolest he felt since he returned looking like The Hulk.

“I’m cashing in my chips. I’m walking away from the table. I won the game.”

That Jon Moxley has the potential to be a fucking superstar.
Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Cheers @Accident Prone. Interesting vids.

Agree. All of those videos are outstanding production but use natural elements. The Ambrose video with the prison set just looks like proper TV stuff. Far bigger production and budget. To @Onyx2 point earlier, he could have financed it himself but I don't get what's in it for him to do that. Looks like about 100 (good) indy pay offs minimum tied up in that video.

I agree that he's pumped some money into it, but I still don't agree that it's any indication of AEW/NJPW financing. Wresting production has been steadily rising on the independent scene and this might just be the next step. I wouldn't be surprised if Dean/Jon utilised the same editor and production team that GCW use, and maybe they were happy to help him out with mates rates and getting his first non-WWE booking.