Brexit

Devon Malcolm

May offers to resign, but in true form DUP wants to keep her in purgatory.

Total shit show - nobody can win; this is going to come down to No Deal (and then....????) vs take part in EU elections (and then....????)

Motions that have managed to get over 200 votes:

-7   268 vs 295 require a public vote to confirm any Brexit deal passed by parliament before its ratification.
-8   264 vs 272 commitment to negotiate a “permanent and comprehensive UK-wide customs union with the EU” in any Brexit deal.
-70  237 vs 307 proposing a close economic relationship with the EU. a comprehensive customs union with the UK having a say on future trade deals
-149 242 vs 391 May's deal

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Is there a bigger charlatan in politics then Boris Johnson? The man is a liar, cheat and should be in no way near high office.

Fortunately, I think even Tory MPs see him as such which means he'll hopefully struggle to get enough votes to make the final two put to their membership, if he did get on the ballot though, I reckon he'd run away with it.

I'd guess it'll be Raab and Hunt that get put to membership vote, Raab probably inching it due to Hunt making a complete arse of it when he was Health Secretary.

• Paid Members

Depressingly, I think they'll go for Rees-Mogg. He's still got the Johnson Effect working for him, in that there's still a sizable portion of the population still buying into his "gimmick" and not seeing him for the vile piece of shit that he is. Ledge, innit?

There've been quite a few who have been in the public eye, so maybe Hammond and Gove will chance their arms too. And I don't think Andrea Loathsome learned her lesson from last time; being made "Leader Of The Commons" seems to have made her even more arrogant than before.

• Paid Members

No chance Rees-Mogg ends up on the final ballot. They way Tory leadership elections work the rank and file MPs who aren't insane ERG types are able to effectively block nutters they don't want making it to the final round where it goes to the members. The trouble is however, they can block one or two unpalatable choices from getting there (Johnson, Rees-Mogg), but probably not three (Gove?). In any case, every choice is probably worse for the country than Theresa May is, and she is utterly terrible and destructive. A truly bleak time in British politics. 

Depressingly, I think they'll go for Rees-Mogg. He's still got the Johnson Effect working for him, in that there's still a sizable portion of the population still buying into his "gimmick" and not seeing him for the vile piece of shit that he i

No way. He would never get the MPs vote to be on the ballot. Plus he doesn't want it. He's too self involved to want to be Tory leader.