Brexit

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Boris got a nice grilling from Andrew Marr this morning.

Boris doesn’t look the best either. Can’t imagine he is in peak heath at the moment. 

“Wages going up!” seems to be the sound bite they’re peddling at the minute: 

“Never mind life expectancy. You can work your arse off and you’ll be getting paid 10 pence an hour more whilst you do work yourself into an early grave, you ungrateful prole!”

• Paid Members

We call our knock off roomba Boris, so I can personally just about tolerate it just for the joy of getting a text saying "Boris has fallen down the stairs again", "Boris has broken down and we're not sure what to do" or "Boris is full of rubbish, can you sort it".

Edit: Boris is under my bed and can't find his way out, can you help him when you get home was probably the best.

Edited by Tommy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-61202948

A cautionary tale for anyone who has a passport with an extended expiry date after renewing it early. I'm actually in the same boat as my passport expires in July 2023 but was issued in October 2012, so I'd also have been refused permission to travel from June onwards. Naturally I'm renewing my passport asap.

Edited by Tamura

• Moderators

I had to renew my passport, living in the US meant I had to send it to UK and they suggest having it signed for. So I spent an absurd amount of money to have UPS deliver it, arrived there in 2 days no probs. Now been two weeks without them even acknowledging that they have received it - sending me emails/messages telling me to send it still. Doesn't bode well.

27 minutes ago, neil said:

I had to renew my passport, living in the US meant I had to send it to UK and they suggest having it signed for. So I spent an absurd amount of money to have UPS deliver it, arrived there in 2 days no probs. Now been two weeks without them even acknowledging that they have received it - sending me emails/messages telling me to send it still. Doesn't bode well.

Have you sent them a screenshot of your PayPal receipt with your username on it? That sometimes works. 

I'm in the process of renewing mine whilst living in the UK and it was also 2 weeks or so before they sent a message saying they'd received. I got a message saying they hadn't received it too. They've printed it now, waiting on tracking reference and for it to be delivered.

3 hours ago, neil said:

I had to renew from abroad in 2020 took about 4 months instead of 6 weeks with little or no response. We're now waiting for my son's first passport which from overseas usually takes 4 months and we were told by the agent company who handles passport renewals in Asia it is more likely 6-8 which means another year stuck away from home. In the end it just seems we have to sit and wait like chumps.