Brexit

Devon Malcolm

Surely the highlight of Brexit was Theresa May ending the debate about whether it should be a "hard" Brexit or a "soft" Brexit (nothing says fucked like talking about a political decision like its a cheese or a cock) by declaring it should be a "red, white and blue Brexit."

Just such a great metaphor for British navel (or should that be naval, lolz) gazing. 

What's that Theresa, you want a French Brexit? 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Andrew Lawrence is basically a comedian for those right-wingers who claim to be "classical liberals". Can't tell if he's doing it to fill a niche, or if he genuinely believes the bollocks he spouts. Either way, he's a cunt. 

The latter 

He's a cunt but so is anyone using 'comedian' using open quotations as an attack on someone's profession (which Andrew was. A racist arsehole but was an actual working comic). Just not racist like Andrew, but equal twat stuff that. It's so twitter. Are you an 'insert job'. Y'all better than that. 

He's not the last, it's mad working in an industry where you literally know the racists and who have actual injunctions. 

Edited by Chili

47 minutes ago, Chili said:

He's a cunt but so is anyone using 'comedian' using open quotations as an attack on someone's profession

Nah, shit builders get called ‘builders’ and cowboys and suchlike. The quotation marks are in place of “So called”. Shit journalists get called hacks. If someone thinks you’re shit at your job, they can say so. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chili said:

He's a cunt but so is anyone using 'comedian' using open quotations as an attack on someone's profession (which Andrew was. A racist arsehole but was an actual working comic). Just not racist like Andrew, but equal twat stuff that. It's so twitter. Are you an 'insert job'. Y'all better than that. 

Sorry man, but no. This:

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, shit builders get called ‘builders’ and cowboys and suchlike. The quotation marks are in place of “So called”. Shit journalists get called hacks. If someone thinks you’re shit at your job, they can say so. 

...and also it's nowhere near equal to being a racist. Being a bit snide about someone's job is having a go at them for something they've done, and it might be justifiable if they're bad at it or nasty with it; being racist is belittling/demonising someone for their genetics and appearance, and there's never any justification for that.

23 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Sorry man, but no. This:

...and also it's nowhere near equal to being a racist. Being a bit snide about someone's job is having a go at them for something they've done, and it might be justifiable if they're bad at it or nasty with it; being racist is belittling/demonising someone for their genetics and appearance, and there's never any justification for that.

Sorry I wasn't trying to equate the two. That wasn't the intention. 

Ugh. Bad day, made it worse. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chili said:

Sorry I wasn't trying to equate the two. That wasn't the intention. 

Ugh. Bad day, made it worse. 

Don't worry about it, I know you're a good dude. 

Hope things look up shortly.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:06 AM, LCJ said:

I mean I get that Brexit was the result of a referendum (democracy, the will of the people - as small as that margin was) but it just isn’t working. I know it’s early days but I can’t see a single benefit to Brexit that is going to improve the lives of the people of Britain. I can’t think of any long term benefits either. I know that Labour are respecting the result of the referendum but there may come a time where you have to say enough is enough and put another EU Referendum in your manifesto. If Brexit keeps going as disastrously as it has been for the next three years, then it could cost the Tories dearly at the next election. Even if Labour are still a shambles who need to sort themselves out.

That's fairly presumptuous thinking that the EU would even be arsed taking the UK back into the European Union. If anything they'll use ye as an example to any other EU nations who get itchy feet that countries can't just come and go as they please.

If ye do eventually get back it will surely mean adopting the Euro as currency, which will not go down well with the Brexit folk in particular who'll spin it as surrendering sovereignty and all that craic.

4 hours ago, DCW said:

That's fairly presumptuous thinking that the EU would even be arsed taking the UK back into the European Union. If anything they'll use ye as an example to any other EU nations who get itchy feet that countries can't just come and go as they please.

If ye do eventually get back it will surely mean adopting the Euro as currency, which will not go down well with the Brexit folk in particular who'll spin it as surrendering sovereignty and all that craic.

We’re still a strong economy (although not as strong as we used to be and are getting worse). If there was a new Government (who didn’t come up with the stupid idea in the first place), then I’d say we’d have a chance of rejoining. Could take years before anything like that would happen though. Meanwhile, we all have to live with this mess despite leave winning by a tiny margin.

Edited by LCJ