Brexit

Devon Malcolm

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Is that true? Could we have opted to do our ordering separately?

We could have, by the letter of the law. But Brexit undoubtedly made it politically easier to do so.

I'm not a Brexiteer whatsoever but it does seem to have provided us with some extra agility in this case.

Edited by Pinc

3 hours ago, quote the raven said:

The EU have ballsed up the vaccine roll out from claiming it didnt work to claiming it will give you a blood clot and kill you.

Was that the EU or was it individual member states saying that? The EU was in charge of procurement of the vaccine but it was member states who decided against using them. 

• Moderators

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1415577/Brexit-news-latest-eu-vaccine-block-astrazeneca-uk-john-redwood-boris-johnson

Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this.

"My application has been rejected and we are on our way home – my wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK.

“I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after five years can’t believe it has come to this.

"We applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain.”

😂😂😂

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
On 3/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, quote the raven said:

The EU have ballsed up the vaccine roll out from claiming it didnt work to claiming it will give you a blood clot and kill you. 

It can cause blood clots and potentially kill though, or was my Mother's ambulance ride imaginary?

• Paid Members

I hope your mum is ok. 

Linking the vaccine to blood clots isn't straightforward though. Less than 100 reported cases in 5 million doses is nowhere near the odds on getting a blood clot in a normal year which is about 1 in a thousand. 

I'm sure there will be side effects that come to light in time but the realistic answer is that they don't know what they all are yet. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Don't see why those things have to be mutually exclusive.

Because the Cardiologist said so.

Less than 24 hours after having the Astrazennaca jab her heart rate soared to around 170 BPM and she was struggling to breath. When tested the increased heart rate was due to her blood clotting, advanced further by the heart beating faster. Quite the cycle. Blood thinners sorted it.

The Cardiologist wants her to be monitored the day before and up to a week after her receiving her second jab, incase there's a further spike in heart rate.

Keith, you'll be pleased to know her toes are fine. 

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

Because the Cardiologist said so.

Less than 24 hours after having the Astrazennaca jab her heart rate soared to around 170 BPM and she was struggling to breath. When tested the increased heart rate was due to her blood clotting, advanced further by the heart beating faster. Quite the cycle. Blood thinners sorted it.

I don't think anyone is going to dispute the order of events. It doesn't mean that the vaccine caused the clotting though, and the cardiologist isn't in a position to say that it did- as has been mentioned, you'd need to compare outcomes from the millions of vaccine recipients to the background rate of blood clotting in the population. 

• 4 months later...