VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

Doesn’t look like you tried to add context, looks like you tried to debunk me. I never just said “Nestle kill babies” either, I originally said it as part of a larger argument to illustrate a point I was making. I did give one very short reply, but I was way too stoned to write anything else.

You are also not taking the facts as presented, you are cherry picking and playing down their actions. Doing word gymnastics instead of using the word “bribe” is just peculiar.

• Paid Members
Just now, UK Kat Von D said:

Doesn’t look like you tried to add context, looks like you tried to debunk me. I never just said “Nestle kill babies” either, I originally said it as part of a larger argument to illustrate a point I was making. I did give one very short reply, but I was way too stoned to write anything else.

You are also not taking the facts as presented, you are cherry picking and playing down their actions. Doing word gymnastics instead of using the word “bribe” is just peculiar.

You said Nestle killed babies. What you meant was Nestle's Direct Actions killed babies. One suggests people in Nestle uniforms were literally killing kids, the other confirms they are a shit company responsible for being irresponsible in a need to make money at any cost.

Nestle are still shit, but now it's just going around in circles.

Back on topic, just had one of Asda's Vegan Sausage rolls. £1.50 for 4 in the freezer section (with the sausage rolls/pies, not the Veggie/Vegan section). Thought they were nice. Not quite as nice as the Greggs version, but at the price point, it's a bargain. 

Just now, UK Kat Von D said:

Doesn’t look like you tried to add context, looks like you tried to debunk me.

"Debunk" you? It's not a conspiracy theory, it's fact. This terrible shit happened, there's evidence of it all over the place. That's a rather strange thing to say.

1 minute ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I never just said “Nestle kill babies” either, I originally said it as part of a larger argument to illustrate a point I was making. I did give one very short reply, but I was way too stoned to write anything else.

Well, a few people seem to have been unclear what you meant. I just added to the discussion with some background story. Not quite sure why that's annoyed you so much to be honest.

6 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

What? My post on that particular point made it clear as day that Nestle had bribed medical companies in order to have them push their agenda. Did my mention of them funding research, office refurbishments and so on pass you by? That's clearly bribery. Was it because I didn't use the exact word you wanted me to use? Come on man.

Are you stoned now? Is that why you're making a big deal out of what is essentially nothing? I just added some extra info on the subject matter. Nothing else. I certainly didn't defend Nestle, as you insinuated. 

Anyway, this has gone on way longer than I anticipated. Time to move on.

• Paid Members

As someone who's partner HAD to use powderd milk for their kids, I now feel totally wank that we elected to use SMA Gold, which is manufactured by Nestle.

Bringing them up does bring up the old, over done argument about ethics and drugs again though, doesn't it? I mean, Nestle target vulnrable communities for profit knowing the mothers there would become dependant on it and it went on to cause the death of an untold number of infants. Don't the opiate producing cartels do a very similar thing, albeit in a more direct, less fraudulant manner(they don't try and pillock people that the drugs are medically better for them)? They target vulnerable people to get them hooked on a product they usually can't afford, which leads to a huge number of deaths?

Obviously, if we don't want to discuss that in here, let me know and I'll edit the post. I just found their ways to market very similar...

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members
On 1/9/2020 at 3:20 PM, stumobir said:

Snap! I really enjoyed it. I hadn’t had a meatball marinara for years so had no real recollection of what it was like but I thought it was a pretty decent imitation. I didn’t pay attention to the calories but that’s good to know, I reckon I’d go for again. Tried Gregg’s vegan steak bake a few days ago too, found the “steak” a bit grainy but it was tasty enough, surprised how rich the gravy was. Another solid effort by them. 

I tried the veggie meatballs again in a sandwich and enjoyed it far more. They are quite "meaty" and the slightly different taste isn't as obvious in the sandwich. Really enjoyed it. Didn't fancy the vegan cheese but might try it out of interest at some point.

I've decided to go full vegetarian. I practically am anyway and the few times I have meat, it's always completely unhealthy so this is mainly to kick on with my weight loss. I'll miss Sausage sandwiches and Pepperoni Pizza but they're great examples of the unhealthy aspect. Time to enjoy more veggies such as chips, potato wedges, curly fries and roasties.