VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Just had the new Temple of Seitan wings and burgers from Brewdog, absolutely beautiful. Hope it becomes a permanent thing after this month 

I’ve had them at the temple. Were the wings more like strips then wing shapes?

41 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Brewdog

clint eastwood coffee GIF

Had some of these and my god they're wonderful.  My Sweet Chickpea cappuccino sweets, highly recommended!  Also, Channel 4 are having a vegan season, tonights viewing is people who steal pigs destined for the slaughterhouse.

https://www.thevegankindsupermarket.com/collections/latest-products/products/my-sweet-chickpea-dark-chocolate-chickpeas-with-cappuccino-flavour-100g 

Edited by Keith Houchen
Included the link to the sweets.

20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Also, Channel 4 are having a vegan season, tonights viewing is people who steal pigs destined for the slaughterhouse.

Gonna watch this on +1, I’ve done a vigil with Wes and he’s a sound guy. Last time I saw him was at Vegan Campout in 2018 and it was around the time he was about to go to court for it I think. I tried to chat to him about it but I was too ketty to hold a convo.

25 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve had them at the temple. Were the wings more like strips then wing shapes?

They were more tender shaped than wing

3 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Just tried the Vivera plant burger. Fucking rotten, one of the worst things I have ever tried to eat. I mean, I'd pick it over actual shit though. 

Fuck me, you’re not wrong. I cooked one for my better half a few nights ago and the smell alone was enough to make me gag.

She only managed to get through it by drowning it in BBQ sauce, which would only make it worse as far as I’m concerned, but each to their own and that.

• Paid Members

My folks want to go for a meal friday night with my family. I'm newly vegan and my wife needs gluten free options. Anywhere recommended? I'm thinking any of the chain restaurants but also how easy is it to go vegan at your average Chinese or Indian?

@DEF if you have a Las Iguanas near you they have a load of Vegan and Gluten free options. Cheap cocktails too.

Saw three of my mates on that How To Steal A Pig which was nice. That Prem guy is an absolute cunt, told him before if I ever catch him in person he is gonna get fucked up. 
Wasn’t a fan of how they made out the vegan influencers are in it for the money, most of them try to get enough to live on, support their work and then put the money back into looking after animals. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, DEF said:

My folks want to go for a meal friday night with my family. I'm newly vegan and my wife needs gluten free options. Anywhere recommended? I'm thinking any of the chain restaurants but also how easy is it to go vegan at your average Chinese or Indian?

Fairly. With Indians you may get stuff cooked in Ghee, so ask to make sure they do. Normally a range of veg curries, heavy on cauliflower and sweetcorn usually.

chinese you’ll have to check if the use rice or egg noodles. I normally have Tofu aka Beancurd in a sauce. Satay or Kung Po are my favourites but sometimes they don’t have many sauce options. The Tofu they used is normall puffed Tofu but I like it.

if you hit gold, you may find a chinese which offer mock meats like Duck and Turkey. The duck they do is great. Normally buy it from my local Chinese supermarket.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Shame because some of the Vivera range is decent. But I remember liking some quorn bits and making the mistake of having their burgers. Absolutely awful

Nads. The burgers are wonderful. However, best way to cook them is in the oven as they retain moisture. They dry out way to easy if you grill or fry them. One of my favourite snacks is to bake some, dice them, and make a breville. Well lush!

3 hours ago, DEF said:

Came across this earlier, hopefully of use to you for this week

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/deals-hunter/2020/01/vegan-friendly-restaurant-deals-for-veganuary-2020/

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Cheers for that. Definitely gives me a good idea of whats out there.

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Paid Members

Vegetarian rather than vegan, but the Linda McCartney mozzarella 1/4-pounders are really good.

With chinese food, they're usually pretty good for vegans, but check what does and doesn't have fish-stock in it, as some of their sauces do - this also goes for Japanese, particularly with Miso soup and similar. Most places will have vegan options, but the fish-stock is something that gets easily overlooked. On the other hand, a bunch of places don't have any actual prawns in their prawn crackers - it's always worth checking