VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

41 minutes ago, David said:

Just to state the obvious, Nestle don't actually kill babies. They, and other multinational milk companies were accused of promoting bottle feeding rather than breast feeding, which resulted in illness and occasionally the death of babies. 

They sent promo girls dressed as nurses to give free samples to women in third world areas. They knew it would dry up their milk and force them to rely on an expensive formula, a lot of whom couldn’t afford it. Millions of babies have died from Nestle’s actions. They still use loopholes to unethically advertise to women in third world countries.
I should find it odd that you would defend a company with a history like this, but I’m not surprised.

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The one he called a “Thoroughly deplorable company” is the one he is defending?

Yeah, defending them by saying they haven’t actually killed any babies and playing it down. I know they will never see my money and anyone interested can google it. I’m not going debate if they were responsible for deaths of infants with David (who might be one of the only person on earth to believe Epstein actually killed himself)

• Moderators
On 1/10/2020 at 6:51 PM, UK Kat Von D said:

When I’d drink with meat eaters it’s always a matter of time before they bring it up. I don’t really hang out with people like that anymore though. 

On 1/10/2020 at 6:51 PM, UK Kat Von D said:

I know the type of people you mean, plenty of people who only use social media to post about animal rights. But what’s on social media isn’t someone’s whole identity. If I hang out with them there is a lot more to their personality than just being Vegan. There is a couple of people who use it as a personality, but that’s a minority and that type of person exists for literally everything. 

I‘ll go for drinks with several Vegans and it might only get talked about for ten minutes the whole night. We’ll probably spend more time talking about how Tories are dickheads. 

I fucked up the quote here.

For what it's worth I've had a drink with Kat and to be fair, he didn't bring it up all night. I asked what he found he got out of it at the end of the night and he explained that Veganism makes him feel happy and healthier as a person and he'd like to see me happier and healthier giving Veganism a go, and I said I'd rather not and he said fair enough, we shook hands and that was that. 

Edited by PowerButchi

Well, to me at least, you said they kill babies and he explained how. It’s like when I say Pope John Paul II was one of the biggest mass murderers the world has ever seen and someone else explained it was due to him saying don’t use contraceptives. 

But yeah, fuck Nestle. 

7 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They sent promo girls dressed as nurses to give free samples to women in third world areas.

Some of them were actual nurses though, weren't they? That was proven, which should surprise no one considering the links they'd made with unscrupulous medical boards and facilities like I mentioned. 

They knew it would dry up their milk and force them to rely on an expensive formula, a lot of whom couldn’t afford it. Millions of babies have died from Nestle’s actions.

Absolutely, and that in and of itself is fucking deplorable, and it doesn't need sensationalist headlines to highlight how bad they are, as the use of those headlines and the resulting court cases like the one in Switzerland only served to muddy the waters as it provided Nestle with the opportunity to say "See? We won in court. We don't kill babies."

A simple use of facts would have done.

They still use loopholes to unethically advertise to women in third world countries.

Huge companies and unethical advertising goes hand in hand, sadly. I see if every single day almost.

I should find it odd that you would defend a company with a history like this, but I’m not surprised.

I would agree if I was actually defending them, but I'm not. It's clear from my post where I refer to them as a "thoroughly deplorable company" that I'm no fan of their practices. What I was doing was adding some context and facts to the accusation. 

Simple saying "Nestle kills babies" is sensationalist and provides no real information. If you think the damning indictment of the company that I posted above is a defence of them then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

It wasn't just Nestle, by the way. They would have gotten nowhere near the success they did in their campaign without medical facilities backing them to the hilt in exchange for funding and material gain, but that doesn't read quite as well as "nasty large corporation kills babies and laughs maniacally while lighting their cigars with hundred dollar bills soaked in baby blood."

There are a lot of people to blame in the whole saga, including Nestle, who are, again, a thoroughly deplorable company and rotten to the core. Their bottled water empire is another matter altogether, but that's a discussion for another day.

7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I fucked up the quote here.

For what it's worth I've had a drink with Kat and to be fair, he didn't bring it up all night. I asked what he found he got out of it at the end of the night and he explained that Veganism makes him feel happy and healthier as a person and he'd like to see me happier and healthier giving Veganism a go, and I said I'd rather not and he said fair enough, we shook hands and that was that. 

The most important question remains, did you get a lift home from a balding Asian man? 

2 hours ago, David said:

They would have gotten nowhere near the success they did in their campaign without medical facilities backing them to the hilt in exchange for funding and material gain

That’s just a long winded way of saying they bribed doctors though isn’t it? They did things which they knew would kill babies. Babies were dying, they knew and didn’t change until forced by law. They are responsible for babies dying, which means they killed babies. 
Apologies that you find it sensationalist with your google as you go research.

2 hours ago, David said:

Some of them were actual nurses though, weren't they?

This bit made me chuckle. “Not all of the people who were sent were posing as medical professionals, there were some real ones.” Fucking hell, well guess that makes it all okay. Just like how some of the women given free samples could read the packets. Some of them even had access to clean water. 

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

This bit made me chuckle. “Not all of the people who were sent were posing as medical professionals, there were some real ones.” Fucking hell, well guess that makes it all okay. Just like how some of the women given free samples could read the packets. Some of them even had access to clean water. 

At no point did I say that anything they did "was okay." You need to put aside your urge to be morally superior and read what I'm actually writing. I'm not claiming Nestle are anything other than in the wrong here, I'm simply adding some context and a little bit of backstory. Nothing more.

Saying "Nestle kills babies" with no explanation isn't really adding to the topic, is it? I'm just taking the facts as they were presented and helping to provide some idea of what actually happened for those who don't know.

Nestle is a horrific company. That comes across even with some context added, so calm down.