VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm not to far off two months vegan now and one of the surprising but more than welcome side effects is I'm losing weight.

I'm not even slightly trying to as well. At least a case of beer, full fat coke, pizza, pringles, chocolate chip hob nobs etc every week.

It's pretty great as I pretty much tortured myself for over a year completely cutting out sugar from my diet a few years back which worked but fecking sucked and wasn't sustainable.

Sure I miss cheese a bit but I'm finding it pretty easy going.

One thing I wondered the other day. How easy is it to be Vegan on your typical holiday abroad in Europe? I mean the reason it's so easy here now is that pretty much everywhere has a perfectly good vegan option.

Also I read the other day that Cadbury's are gearing up a vegan dairy milk chocolate bar. That's a win if ever there was one.

Whoever came up with the Veganuary gimmick is a genius. I read 550 thousand signed up to it this year compared to 250 thousand last year. No wonder there seems to be new products out every week.

Edited by DEF

Just now, tiger_rick said:

FINALLY had a Greggs vegan sausage roll today. Pretty rubbish tbh. Squidgy filling and awful tasting, dry pastry. I binned half. Not a fan.

It's still Greggs, remember. Their products are cheap, nasty shite regardless. No reason why their vegan sausage roll wouldn't be the same minus the shit so-called meat they use.

• Paid Members

Sorry Butch.

This is what I came in here to post earlier but got sidetracked by the deadly ‘vegan roll’. Saw a vegetarian Rustlers burger thing in the shop earlier. Don’t fancy it myself but it’s out there if any of you do. 

4A3542A6-47C0-4D16-8960-1B82026854E3.jpeg

• Paid Members

Gingsters do a Vegan Moroccan pasty now. I'd eat it again in a pinch but only if i was out of options. Greggs Vegan sausage roll is utterly revolting. The steak bake is a bit better.