VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nads. The burgers are wonderful. However, best way to cook them is in the oven as they retain moisture. They dry out way to easy if you grill or fry them. One of my favourite snacks is to bake some, dice them, and make a breville. Well lush!

May have been my mistake, I fried them. 

The chicken nugget things they do were decent though.

7 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

May have been my mistake, I fried them. 

The chicken nugget things they do were decent though.

Try them in the oven, real game changer!  And the nuggets are ace, as are the southern fried bites.

• Paid Members

I've never been at all impressed with vegetarian bacon so I don't normally bother with it (the quorn one is particularly wack). I tried the "cheatin" fake bacon a few days ago though and it was amazing. I haven't eaten meat for years so maybe I've just forgotten what bacon tastes like but I thought it was great, shame it's more expensive than the real dead pig version. 

Someone earlier mentioned about Nestle and their ethics - how do people find out about which companies have dodgy practices? I realise the news will say but it can be hidden away. I'd imagine there are websites that are dedicated to reporting this more.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I've never been at all impressed with vegetarian bacon so I don't normally bother with it (the quorn one is particularly wack). I tried the "cheatin" fake bacon a few days ago though and it was amazing. I haven't eaten meat for years so maybe I've just forgotten what bacon tastes like but I thought it was great, shame it's more expensive than the real dead pig version. 

I thought Cheatin was alright, but not great. This isn't Bacon is the best I have found so far. And the Quorn Gammon is more bacon then gammon to me (though much thicker). Their bacon is crap, but have heard their ham slices, fried for short time is more like Bacon as well.

I found This Isn't at Holland and Barrett's, where I also found Cheatin. Cheatin is by VBites which is owned by Heather Mills. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This isn't Bacon is the best I have found so far. And the Quorn Gammon is more bacon then gammon to me (though much thicker). Their bacon is crap, but have heard their ham slices, fried for short time is more like Bacon as well.

I found This Isn't at Holland and Barrett's. 

That’s the most my surnames been mentioned in a short space of time since my form tutor was giving out his “worst of the year” awards.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That’s the most my surnames been mentioned in a short space of time since my form tutor was giving out his “worst of the year” awards.

And being compared to Morrissey must sting a bit too

3 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Someone earlier mentioned about Nestle and their ethics - how do people find out about which companies have dodgy practices? I realise the news will say but it can be hidden away. I'd imagine there are websites that are dedicated to reporting this more.

I’ve known Nestle kill babies for ages, I can’t remember where I first heard that one but there is loads about it online. I don’t have one set source for information, I just pick up bits from all over the place 

2 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Baby animals or baby human children? 

Just to state the obvious, Nestle don't actually kill babies. They, and other multinational milk companies were accused of promoting bottle feeding rather than breast feeding, which resulted in illness and occasionally the death of babies. 

There was a Swiss report on the matter titled "Nestle Toten Babies," which translates to "Nestle Kills Babies" which was found to be libelous by the Swiss courts. 

Nestle are a rotten company of course, and they, along with actual hospitals were guilty of pushing the agenda of baby formula as an alternative to breast feeding. There were reports of Nestle funding medical research projects, office refurbishments, publications and all sorts for the medical community in order to gain favour and an "in" with their target audience. 

Where the "Nestle Kills Babies" things comes from is mainly in poorer communities and parts of the world, where mothers were found to be attempting to save money or to stretch out the formula among their other children by diluting the formula's down. These formula's obviously need to be diluted with water, but often times water wasn't easy to come by, and clean water was even harder to find, and this resulted in a situation that could "prevent a child from absorbing the nutrients in food and lead to malnutrition."

So Nestle weren't actually "killing babies," but they were living up to their reputation as a thoroughly deplorable company.