VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

2 months for me as well, although I would say I follow a plant based diet at present as I still have leather boots and belets etc. I am split down the middle in my reasons, half environment and half animal welfare. I have started being more aware of my clothes and shoe choices but will not throw away perfectly good stuff until it needs to be. 

I follow The Happy Pear on social media and their recipes and outlook on life are fantastic. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That Vegan pasty has been out for a year or so now. They do a Quorn one as well which I thought was nice

Ah right first time I'd seen it but I am new at this tbf. Will look out for the quorn one, that sounds more up my street.

• Paid Members

Apologies, if this is probably quite a Southern-based thing (not seen them elsewhere, but could be wrong) but had a vegan bacon and avocado bagel on the way into work from Abokado, bloody lovely and would highly recommend. 

• Paid Members

I'm not a big fan of the Ginsters Quorn pasty, but the Moroccan veg has become a staple. They sell it in the garage/Morrisons by my place, and it's become one of my go-to lazy foods for when I get in from the pub, or if I want something to tide me over after work until I can be bothered cooking tea.

Unfortunately it uses palm oil, which in an ideal world I'd be trying to avoid, but I can only manage to navigate so many ethical minefields at a time.

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2020 at 3:04 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Morrisons vegan rolls are where it's at.

Tried half of one of these today and can confirm that it was delicious. Pastry undetectably different and filling tasty and a much better consistency than Greggs. Would definitely have again if it wasn't for those pesky calories.

• 4 weeks later...

Awful video that boils down to “what do scientists know?  My innate feeling is right and they are wrong”.

To give you a flavour, at one point his counter to a scientist’s conclusion is that the scientist has a “Stick up his butt”. 

36 minutes ago, Loki said:

Awful video that boils down to “what do scientists know?  My innate feeling is right and they are wrong”.

What an awful take on the video. He isn’t arguing against scientists for a start, he is arguing against USA today who’s stance is “well it can’t be 100% proven so it isn’t true.” The Popular Science article was written by a journalist called Kat Eschner who also does movie reviews. Kat is not a scientist and concluded that stuff like Coronavirus would continue without mass factory farming because a lot of people have cats or dogs. Not really a valid point at all. 

Actually it is most likely true, as explained in the video. It is zoonotic disease, that would be less likely to happen without intense factory farming. Use a bit of common sense perhaps.

@Merzbow maybe you should have clicked on it because it wasn’t “very white” at all and just actually deals with facts and statistics. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D