Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

• Moderators
On 8/9/2021 at 4:34 PM, SpiritOfTheForest said:

I know a girl whose father is an academic working at a local university. Using his academic title, his name is Professor Pain, which I think is absolutely marvellous and thus a shoe in for this thread. Like the antagonist in a Spider-Man film or something. 

That reminds me of my tutor at uni who was called Dr Glock. Definitely sounds like a rap name.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

All great, but they pale in comparison to KOOL-AID MCKINSTRY.

As much as I love my boy Kool-Aid (he's going in the first round in a couple of years, bet) I think with him, as with all of these, you have to consider the nickname factor when selecting such teams.

If we just focus on the DBs, AFAIK Buck Coors, New Zealand Williams and yes, even Storm Duck are real names, so their selection is definitely justified.

Smoke Monday, however, is a nickname just like Kool-Aid McKinstry. As a real-life Quindarious he comes off fairly well in this category, but IMO he absolutely shouldn't be beating out Ga'Quincy McKinstry.