Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

Once, my driving instructor (Not Steve Beaton) said he took a girl on a lesson to a golf course so they wouldn’t be disturbed. “Did you play the 19th hole” I asked, “And the 20th” was his reply. 

The best bit was he still charged her for the driving lesson! (Not Steve Beaton)

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Discovered in the early hours of this morning, that there's an adult golf course in Nottingham. 

I've not yet determined if this is an "adult" golf course, or an "adult golf" course.

IMG_20220102_043632.jpg

They've opened one in Sheffield too. It's just crazy golf with alcohol available. The mrs was gutted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not an outstanding name by themselves but I realised the other day I had a letter addressed to a couple on my round and they’re called Emma and Dale. Same round has a Mr Raper and Barry White. A Mrs Cocking also has a sign on her post box that says “Cocking Only” that is never not funny.

• Paid Members

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Boyes

There was a bloke of the same name who lived in Jersey a while back. My mate worked at the hospital, booking travel for people who needed appointments/operations at other hospitals, and had to arrange some stuff for him one time. He managed to hold it together and not laugh at the name, until he spotted that he was married, at which point he apparently broke down laughing - as he would every time he tried to recount the story to us.

We didn't get why that, specifically, was so funny. Eventually he managed to explain that the moment he saw that Roger Boyes was married, he pictured him stood at the altar, while a priest asks, "Do you, Roger Boyes..."

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Boyes

There was a bloke of the same name who lived in Jersey a while back. My mate worked at the hospital, booking travel for people who needed appointments/operations at other hospitals, and had to arrange some stuff for him one time. He managed to hold it together and not laugh at the name, until he spotted that he was married, at which point he apparently broke down laughing - as he would every time he tried to recount the story to us.

We didn't get why that, specifically, was so funny. Eventually he managed to explain that the moment he saw that Roger Boyes was married, he pictured him stood at the altar, while a priest asks, "Do you, Roger Boyes..."

DC83096B-938C-466A-9D0A-8E8F8A18C1E6.jpeg.f4c7f28d035cc736ad2d06abc37ef59b.jpeg

“Roger Boyes. True or false?”

On 1/16/2022 at 6:04 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Not an outstanding name by themselves but I realised the other day I had a letter addressed to a couple on my round and they’re called Emma and Dale. Same round has a Mr Raper and Barry White. A Mrs Cocking also has a sign on her post box that says “Cocking Only” that is never not funny.

As of today I’m adding Mr R Kelly to my list of unfortunately named customers.