Chippy Tea

Onyx2

29 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Did you have to have a nibble of the end of the saveloy to calm yourself before taking the pic?

I didn't even notice that, grim! I'm gonna plead ignorance and hope it was just being stuck to the paper. To be honest, I'm eating a saveloy. If it has been kicked around the floor being bagged, it wouldn't make any difference.

15 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Did they have these newfangled 'mushy peas' at this chippy, Bacon?

Have what?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Did you have to have a nibble of the end of the saveloy to calm yourself before taking the pic?

The dirty bastard!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My Mum & I have been trying to find a new chippy as the one we had been going to seems to have taken a bit of a dip in quality. We had one recommended that we're possibly going to try on Friday night where they serve something called a "Yabbadabba" I have a suspicion that it's some kind of battered burger/dab (Scollop) gestalt. I may enquire if we do end up going. They do John Bulls as well. Always a treat.

• Awards Moderator

As penance for that fucking joke:

20240126_185445.thumb.jpg.c6bd6d63f4031ae7dcfdc56a484a0abe.jpg

Half a soss, 3 "fish roulette" ie offcuts. Destroyed in about 8 seconds. 

Not pictured:small round bread thing named locally to you as per the chart below. 

Fato-PNOYnYRPvjj3WnBQkGwvBwapGADif9RU2_lxqo.thumb.jpg.8dd8475f4bf1af52882796513ef2e2aa.jpg

Edited by Onyx2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I moved into some temporary digs on Sunday whilst my bonehead building managers sort out issues at home. I’m ashamed to say it’s taken me 48 hours to visit the chippy which is 350 yards away. 

It’s meant to be the best chippy in Toxteth, but I wanted to be the judge of that.

IMG_1983.thumb.jpeg.3055aca5acc573a479027e094d785309.jpeg

They may be right, because that was tremendous.

The sausage isn’t anaemic, it’s just under the kitchen light. The pie was exactly as it should be - piping hot and soft but with a firm crust - and the peas, chips and gravy were a dream. Less than a fiver, too!

It’s my duty to try all of the other locals, but this will take some beating.

350 yards, though. This might be the boost the Cardioace shareholders have been waiting for.

16 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I moved into some temporary digs on Sunday whilst my bonehead building managers sort out issues at home. I’m ashamed to say it’s taken me 48 hours to visit the chippy which is 350 yards away. 

It’s meant to be the best chippy in Toxteth, but I wanted to be the judge of that.

IMG_1983.thumb.jpeg.3055aca5acc573a479027e094d785309.jpeg

They may be right, because that was tremendous.

The sausage isn’t anaemic, it’s just under the kitchen light. The pie was exactly as it should be - piping hot and soft but with a firm crust - and the peas, chips and gravy were a dream. Less than a fiver, too!

It’s my duty to try all of the other locals, but this will take some beating.

350 yards, though. This might be the boost the Cardioace shareholders have been waiting for.

Less than a fiver for all of that? Where do you live, the 1970's?! I can barely get pie and chips for a fiver here in Coventry, let alone everything else. Top drawer that! 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, squatswithducks said:

Less than a fiver for all of that? Where do you live, the 1970's?! 

That noise you can hear is the forum's southerners clambering over each other to be the first to post "lol no it's just the north!"