Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Hes a Tory obviously.

The only small boats I’m interested in are the ones out there catching my tea, thanks.

• Paid Members

We get chippy delivered - can't park for shit in the area where our regular chippy is, it's NIMBY-as-fuck residential parking zones.

Besides, it's free deliv.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Well that'll help with the cossy livs eh?

Hey, if people are happy with "platty jubes"...

• Paid Members

Well, on the subject, we all know that Uber Eats prices are higher than you pay in person because - duh - you're paying their profits for the sake of your convenience.

My mums local chippy switched off "delivery" on their Uber Eats listing so it was kerbside collection only, and never turned it back on. Do you think there are actually people paying £1.50 - £2 per item more but still having to go there themselves to get it? Is it a premium for preferring to order on an app than having to verbally dictate it to a spotty teenager?

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bet they don’t bother with the Genny Leck. 

They would if it was done by Proppy Reps.

• Paid Members

Just having a little reminisce as I've got a week in St Ives coming up and can't wait to get back to Harbour....

On 8/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, air_raid said:

and a battered sausage because she’d never tried it. 

On 8/28/2022 at 8:14 AM, air_raid said:

Plus a battered sausage as Mrs raid hadn’t experienced one and I’ve been dying to force her to get one for ages

...... I reckon enough time has passed for me to try this one again.

• Paid Members

Yesterday a friend and I went to a drive through chippy. It's in Burnley and is called Banny's. There's one in the nearby town of Colne as well. I had something called Bombay Chips, which was ostensibly salt and pepper chips with some tikka, yoghurt and mint sauce and coriander (I suspect I may fall in the coriander tastes like soap camp). It was a fiver. The chips tasted a bit like they'd been sat out for a bit, but had a decent crunch. There was a nice warmth from the sauce and the chillies.

They also do stuff like a piri piri haddock, and fish kebabs. It's a fascinating place. Paul Merton went and spent some time there a few years ago when he did a documentary on Channel 4 about railway request stops as at the time Burnley Barracks was a request stop, but this is veering into Dull Men's Club territory now. 

20240531_170743.JPG

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

Yesterday a friend and I went to a drive through chippy. It's in Burnley and is called Banny's. There's one in the nearby town of Colne as well. I had something called Bombay Chips, which was ostensibly salt and pepper chips with some tikka, yoghurt and mint sauce and coriander (I suspect I may fall in the coriander tastes like soap camp). It was a fiver. The chips tasted a bit like they'd been sat out for a bit, but had a decent crunch. There was a nice warmth from the sauce and the chillies.

They also do stuff like a piri piri haddock, and fish kebabs. It's a fascinating place. Paul Merton went and spent some time there a few years ago when he did a documentary on Channel 4 about railway request stops as at the time Burnley Barracks was a request stop, but this is veering into Dull Men's Club territory now. 

20240531_170743.JPG

Not gonna lie Jazzy that sounds utterly rank.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Any Black Country lot have a recommendation for Orange Chips? I hear Majors has gone downhill since the move.

I've not been myself for a few years, but I've heard a lot of good things about Black Country Chippy in Tipton. Downsides are that it's quite pricy (at least it was last time I went) and you'd have to go to Tipton.