Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Isn't gin culture just middled aged women called Karen?

Social networks have made it all about vacuous instagram 20somethings who also Crossfit and are definitely running their own photography or party planning business and have gin socials which are mostly an excuse to put more photos on insta. They all think they're amazing because filters make their skin look flawless and they all do duckface. They're all dead behind the eyes and hate each other. At least one in every group has a serious cocaine problem.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Tequila can fuck off though. It's horrible. Just the smell is enough to activate my gag reflex. 

Used to hate tequila, until I was educated on it by our resident tequila czar, @Chest Rockwell. He explained that most people hate tequila because they're used to shooting rubbish like Cuervo, instead of sipping good quality, 100% agave brands.

Intrigued by this, I went to numerous free tequila nights put on by Barrio Central in Soho - they were primarily trade events to link up tequila producers with bars and drinks companies - and I got to try a whole range of awesome stuff from various brands, like Tapatio, Ocho, Corralejo, Don Julio, Patron, Illégal, and others. A high quality tequila is a thing of joy. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

@Gus Mears, thoughts?

'Cheese culture'. What load of shite that is. A relatively niche product like gin or hoppy IPA's, there certainly is a bit of ponceification and sometimes minor variations on a theme that get dressed up as something they are not. Cheese is and amazing foodstuff with an almost limitless array of types.

Considering I was at a cheese and agricultural show less than a fortnight ago, I can safely say there was absolutely none of the bearded twats you get with gin, for example. Just farmers and the like who were proud or their product.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Being patriot is ridiculous and stupid. You shouldn't have some kind of undying loyalty to a geographic area just because your parents fucked there.

As the comedian Paco Erhard said, when confronted by his fellow Germans telling him to be proud of his country:

"Not really - I have personal achievements."

Edited by Carbomb