Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's great isn't it, I love a Jose meltdown. It's amazing that he's getting this petty during the poxy International Champions (!) Cup of all things. Imagine how bad he's going to be before and after matches that actually matter. Klopp laughing off his petulant comments must really get to Jose.

2 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I still have an inflatable Phillip Neville somewhere

Why the fuck did they give this away as a free gift for?! Of all players. I'd imagine even half of the United players wouldn't be fussed about having it.

17 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Just thinking about Match, my wall chart would be up by now with all the little shirt tabs sorted in alphabetical order ready to go all over my bedroom floor the moment someone opens a door to quickly.

Great times, the Match wall chart was superb. So much bigger and more detailed than the Shoot one (I preferred Match overall anyway, Shoot was a bit more childish). I probably gave up updating the league wall chart by October.

When Saturday Comes recently started a kids publication, I picked up a copy for my boy from the free magazine stand at work, looked pretty cool. Aimed at slightly older kids though than Shoot etc. Kids mainly buy magazines for the cheap free gifts now anyway.

Used to be an avid reader of Match and Shoot as well as the lesser run magazines like Goal and MOTD then as I got a bit older started reading only FourFourTwo and the Everton magazine regularly. Now the only time I buy one is FFT’s annual season preview issue, which I believe comes out this week

Always use to buy Match magazine just before the start of the new season because it came with the Merlin sticker album and a pack of stickers. Never knew how they could do it so cheap, I think it was £1. The sticker book on its own was £2.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Rossman said:

Always use to buy Match magazine just before the start of the new season because it came with the Merlin sticker album and a pack of stickers. Never knew how they could do it so cheap, I think it was £1. The sticker book on its own was £2.

They didn't give a shit about selling the sticker books regardless of price. The money is in the stickers. Even back to the 70s, getting the books out for free in any Newspaper or Magazine was great for Panini and later Merlin because once kids started buying the stickers - kerching.

5 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

The postcode for the Man United supporters club newsletter, which was constantly advertised in 'Shoot!' will forever be burned into my brain. (M16 0RA)

That's not an Essex postcode? :)

By the way, friendly or not, that Shaqiri goal was bloody excellent.

I alternated between Match and Shoot, but think I preferred Shoot overall. Graduated to reading MOTD, the horrendously dull UEFA Champions League Magazine and Four Four Two as a teenager. I still buy the odd issue of When Saturday Comes every once in a while nowadays and find it a good, easy read. Amazing to think how much money I spunked away on football and wrestling mags back then.

Jose seems so depressed and negative these days. What's happened to him? 

He used to have a light side to him but feels like he has been grumpy for about 12 months. When you see that much negativity in his voice and body language you do have to ask how that translates to the players. 

• Paid Members

Also when you respond to a someone asking whether you have the players to challenge for the title with 'I don't answer your question', I'm sure that fills his players with confidence.

He's a horrible man-manager, and you look at the talent they have in that squad and think of the wonders that a decent man-manager can do with them. He's a miserable fucking prick that could end up being very damaging to that club. They needed Jose to bring stability to the club. He certainly did that, and they should've fucked him off in the summer in favour of someone that will drive them further. Someone positive.

Lifelong man united fan here(don’t all shoot at once ) when Jose got the job I accepted the tantrums and drama that came with him as long as the trophies followed but the football is worse then ever and I can see him going by January at the latest 

On 19 July 2018 at 6:46 PM, Teedy Kay said:

Allison for that price really does make Rui Patricio for nowt a fantastic bit of business.

Sporting Lisbon want compensation of up to 197m euros (£175m) for three players who terminated their contracts and have since joined other clubs.

Among the players is Rui Patricio, who joined Premier League newcomers Wolves.

Sporting want 57m euros (£50m) for the Portugal goalkeeper, 100m euros (£89m) for Atletico Madrid winger Gelson Martins, and 30-40m euros (£27m-£36m) for Olympiacos winger Daniel Podence.

Source: BBC Sport

Sorry to do a Kevin Keegan, but would love it if Sporting got £50m off Wolves.

No chance. Without checking I'd guess that those fees are the release clauses in the players Sporting contracts. I believe they'd already agreed a fee for Patricio then renegged. It'll probably be something around that fee. 

It would be funny if they used Alisson to state a case for the market shifting though.

• Paid Members

Aubameyang's old man posted a picture of a get-together round their London place yesterday with Auba, Lacazette, Mkhi, Guendouzi (our new young French signing- in the spirit of Wenger)...and Ousmane Dembele. Cue Arsenal Twitter losing their shit. I hope they tapped him up like there's no tomorrow, in a way Big Sam and Arry would be proud of. I'm hoping a loan might be a possibility now they've signed Malcolm.