Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

On 8/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, PunkStep said:

Errrr...no? They have made some good signings but let's not go crazy.

Felipe Anderson is quite the coup, but then again you can say that about quite a few players that have moved to clubs that you wouldn't expect- such as Max Meyer, Jean Michael Seri and Rui Patricio. Yarmolenko is a decent signing but I wouldn't say Wilshere and Fabianski are particularly inspiring (but could be decent signings nonetheless). Diop is still young and relatively inexperienced compared to the other signings. I think West Ham will be in a three team mini-league with Everton and Leicester just outside the top 6, but clear of everyone else. The gulf between them and Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal is still massive in terms of quality.

You do realise I wasn't seriously suggesti....oh, never mind. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Nah, if AEK don't get them then Malmo should. Malmo will be tougher than AEK, especially away.

Malmo are 6th in their league this season, 11 points off the top. Also only got to 2nd qualifying round for last season's Champion's league. I remember Malmo being more of a force 15 years ago, similar time to when Celtic were okay in Europe.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but the Allsvenskan is far stronger than the SPL so you can take it that if Malmo are in sixth then that's going to be a tough tie for Celtic.

Mind you, I don't think they'll get past AEK but we'll see/

Didn't Malmo knock Celtic out in the qualifiers 3-4 years ago?

It's a game both would probably look at as winnable and given some of the teams they could of got both could be happy with the draw.

AEK will be tough for Celtic 1st though before looking too far ahead 

28 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Didn't Malmo knock Celtic out in the qualifiers 3-4 years ago?

It's a game both would probably look at as winnable and given some of the teams they could of got both could be happy with the draw.

AEK will be tough for Celtic 1st though before looking too far ahead 

Yeah they did in 2015, that was a poor Celtic side. I think today's Celtic would thump the team 3 years ago. I wouldn't see Malmo as an easy tie which some Celtic fans do, I just think it is easier than AEK. If you are in the playoffs you can't really get an easy draw. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Also think Burnley have it tough and won't make it to the groups. 

Almost every Burnley fan I spoke to last Thursday thinks they are doomed this season in the league too. Unbelievably negative. 

• Paid Members

I don't understand that Joe Hart signing at all. Pope is a really good keeper, surely they're not going to stand him down for Hart? Yet Hart said he only wanted to move somewhere he'd get regular first team football. Maybe Pope is off somewhere, I don't know. Even as a short term signing, it makes little sense for all parties.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't understand that Joe Hart signing at all. Pope is a really good keeper, surely they're not going to stand him down for Hart? Yet Hart said he only wanted to move somewhere he'd get regular first team football. Maybe Pope is off somewhere, I don't know. Even as a short term signing, it makes little sense for all parties.

Nah, Pope is out long term with a shoulder injury. I think he injured it pretty badly during the first leg against Aberdeen (or perhaps a friendly before then), but he's not back anytime soon. With Heaton also still out injured with a calf injury (although I don't think that's particularly long term) they have been forced into the market. Although I'd have thought a loan deal for Hart would make more sense.