Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Exactly, he surely won't get a look-in. It's hilarious when you think that just over 2 years ago Joe Hart was first choice for both City and England, and now he will effectively be third choice at Burnley.

Good. He was never that good.

• Paid Members

I mean, there are those back in the day who suggested he was a far better keeper than David de Gea (who was / is "shit") but I can't for the life of me remember who they might have been, honest.

• Paid Members

On the subject of keepers, Matt Law is reporting that Chelsea have made a £71m bid for Kepa. Fucking hell, that's a '£35m for Andy Carroll' desperation move if I've ever seen one. Decent fairly young keeper, but Christ alive.

50 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

On the subject of keepers, Matt Law is reporting that Chelsea have made a £71m bid for Kepa. Fucking hell, that's a '£35m for Andy Carroll' desperation move if I've ever seen one. Decent fairly young keeper, but Christ alive.

It was either that or Jack Butland at this stage and no fucking thanks to Butland being our No.1 

Besides if we get Kovacic on loan that’s  freed up a bit of extra money to spend on Kepa.

• Paid Members

Wolves have signed Adama Traore from Boro for £18 million.

Good signing that, out of the majority of players we faced last season he was one of the best outside of Fulham players. Bit worried about his end product, but we'll see how he develops, rumours he may have been bought to play Right Wingback, not sure about that at all.

Chelsea's kids won 4-0 tonight at Swindon in the Checkatrade Trophy. They almost reached the final of the same competition last season – and that's without any of the youngsters that they loan out to the likes of Vitesse Arnhem. Either Leagues One and Two have had a massive dip in quality, or Chelsea are that last club that need to worry about strength in depth.

2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Kovacic is a fine player but don't Chelsea have about 100 centre mids? RLC out on loan again, shouldn't have signed that contract extension, no kids make it at Chelsea.

Where's Loftus-Cheek gone? Can't find anything about him being sent anywhere.

We finished our pre-season tonight by beating Torino 3-1, which definitely means it's our year. Probably. Key notes of pre-season for me have been Sturridge looking like a man possessed before inevitably being ruled out for 8 months on the opening weekend, Shaqiri showing technical prowess I'd never even entertained him possessing and Gomez having a genuine shout of knocking Lovren out of the team for the West Ham game.

Still obliviously confident and full of hope for this season.

5 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

In my opinion they need a striker of good quality who can  provide backup/competition for Harry Kane. 

Its going to be an interesting 30 hours or so (as of time of posting) for many clubs, i await the last minute deals madness with both glee and fear

WBA need creativity, and if J Rod leaves, we need to replace him too, luckily EFL clubs can still loan players until the end of the month, how many loans maximum can a club have at once? we currently have 3 players on loan

But you have the boiler mascot. End of.

3 hours ago, The Four Horsemen said:

I fail to see why Spurs NEED Jack Grealish at all.

Surely Poch is not the driving force behind this transfer if it does go through, unless he see's something in him the majority of non Villa supporters do.

You don't see why we need a 22 year old creative, English player who, with coaching, could be a very good option when we need to break teams down and look for a bit of skill and flair? We need a jinky little bastard, and he could be it. Zaha clearly isn't an option is he? He is definitely a Poch signing.

I'm not saying he's the second coming, but every time I've seen him, he's looked very decent, and we could do worse. I'm happy he's coming in. He's not the missing piece of the puzzle, that is quite clearly not happening for us, and I resign myself again to the fact I will see Nigel Farage become an MP before I see Spurs win the league, but he's an excellent option.

Plus look at him. He looks a bit lazy, dishevelled, stupid haircut, socks rolled down, baggy shirt out. 100% luxury Spurs player.

• Paid Members

Silly season is getting well and truly silly this week. The release clause for Kepa was met this afternoon apparently and Kovacic was having his medical at Chelsea for a loan.

United will surely bring in a defender tomorrow. Some reports claiming Leicester are signing up to two defenders, surely to allow Maguire to go for a hefty fee. On the other hand, Boateng could join instead. Plus, Spurs have to do something about Alderweireld.

Reports in France are claiming Watford are preparing a €60m bid for Guedes, who I thought was wank during the World Cup. You could replace Watford with Wolves there and I'd believe it more.

We're heavily linked with Vida, who looks the sort of guy that's up until 7am on ketamine and then pops round his girlfriend's place to have sex with her mum before breakfast. And you never know, a Dembele loan could happen...

Plus, Raiola is probably trying to engineer a move to Barca for Pogba. Can't see it myself, far too late in the day.