Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Everton signing Mina for 30m Euros is potentially fantastic business. Arsenal or United should've been in for him, he looked very good at the World Cup and can also grab a set piece goal now and then.

• Paid Members

Alan Nixon from the Sun seems insistent United made a big offer for him but he turned it down. Seems strange. Everton have signed Bernard too. On the face of it, really good looking business from them with Digne and Richarlison too.

Edit: Andre Gomes now too.

Edited by tiger_rick

Everton have signed the type of players who either kick on to be class or fade in to shitness. Potentially great business, all depends on Silva being better than his record suggests he is. A bit of the Emperors new clothes about him for me Clive.

• Paid Members

A bit harsh. His record with us was better than it had any right to be considering he was moulding a squad of loans and expiring contracts in only four months. He's a good coach who the players really like. Did well at Watford initially too. Doesn't mean anything at Everton where almost everyone struggles but with the squad they've put together, there are no excuses.

Biggest fault at Hull was the zonal marking not working. We were shit either side of his appointment marking man to man so not blaming Zonal but it didn't work. Liked to play out though. Brought the best out of Harry Maguire and gave people confidence and encouragement to try playing forward. It's when that goes wrong that there's no hiding place - especially when you're in a relegation battle.

He didn't do much more at Hull than Carvalhal did at Swansea and he was pretty much par for the course by the end of his Watford run which ended in him being a massive shit house, allegedly.

He's definitely got potential but with the size of investment going on at Everton I thought they might have been more ambitious. 

• Paid Members

Andre Gomes could be a very good loan signing, he definitely has the talent. I'm less convinced by Bernard though.

Fulham signed Sergio Rico on loan for some reason. They've also just signed Marseille midfielder Anguissia for £22.3m, who I've never heard of. Either way, they've made some impressive moves this window. My god I hope they smash Wolves.

Well, now the window has SLAMMED SHUT (fuck off Jim White) we can do our predictions:

Top Six: City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs

Relegated: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford

Champions League: Juventus

Top Scorer: Aubameyang

Player of the season: De Bruyne I suppose

Young player of the season: Ryan Sessegnon

Best signing: Yerry Mina

Biggest flop: Kepa

First sacking: Whoever is managing Watford these days, well before Christmas

Surprise package: Fulham

When will Jose fuck off?: By January

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Top Six : City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs.

Relegated: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley (Joe Hart signals their end is nigh)

Champions League: Juventus

Top Scorer: Aubameyang

Player of the season: Mo Salah

Young player of the season: Ryan Sessegnon

Best signing: Yerry Mina

Biggest flop: Firmino Fabinho

First sacking: Jose Mourinho (not for reasons to do with how the team are playing, just because he's got his usual pre-leaving a club hump on)

Surprise package: Fulham

When will Jose fuck off?: Before Christmas.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

Top Six: City, Liverpool, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal 

Relegated: Southampton, Cardiff, Huddersfield 

Champions League: Barcelona 

Top Scorer: Salah

Player of the season: Sané

Young player of the season: Fulham dude, or Neves if he counts

Best signing: Naby Keïta 

Biggest flop: Sokratis, Andre Gomes or Bernard 

First sacking: if Mutual consent means sacking then Mourinho! 

Surprise package: Palace, think they’ll finish top half and challenge for Europe 

When will Jose fuck off?: Late September (think Chelsea 2007) 

edit - @SpursRiot2012 interested to know why Firmino will be a flop! 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

I have no idea what a good signing for United would have been. Centre half wasn't the main concern in this team. He's already bought two of them in the last 2 years, and he doesnt seem to fancy them now. My concern is Mourinho doesnt seem to be able to get the best out of what he's already got. You look at a team with De Gea, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Martial and Pogba. You shouldnt be going into games thinking they'll get over ran and lose possession. I look at that and think if you had a manager who allowed this team of players to take risks and express themselves, you wouldn't be going to Anfield and putting 11 men behind the ball. Cant see Mourinho getting the sack as early as he tends to with this board at United. I'll say just after Christmas. They didnt even sack Moyes until they worked out the Maths, so save a few quid.

Give it Giggsy til international brek!

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay