Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

that's hilarious. Absolutely none of them are getting in any top 6 team. There's a reason they're where they are. 

Martins went to Atletico and would improve every squad in the English top 6, Telles is recognised as one of the better left backs in European football, and only avoids international caps because of Marcelo, with Rose being fucked off he'd be perfect for an improvement let alone a replacement. And Moutinho has gone to a top 6 club (😉) but would defo have made a decent signing at 5 million for Spurs, and probably would end up a starter imho.

EDIT: To add, Spurs may have a decent ish starting XI, however it wasn't good enough to get anywhere near City, or compete in the Champions League. The lack of signings shows a complete lack of ambition. There are plenty of players out there that would have improved your starting XI and squad for decent prices, I've named three, you are clueless if you think Gelson Martins wouldn't have improved your team. But carry on living in denial.

No European football for you next season, I think West Ham have the potential to finisher higher. And all because you stood still happy with a first XI that's won fuck all.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members

Bacon, it's fine if the reason we're not bringing in players is the stadium build. But what that means is that Levy directly lied to the supporters. He didnt need to do so, but he did. And I also think people who've spent over a grand on a season ticket have every right to question our transfer policy. You say, "that's the policy, deal with it" as if fans who help fund the club in gate receipts, merchandising and everything else have no right to question that policy.

TDK: no European football is a stretch. It's just that it might be Thursday night Euripean football. Don't get me wrong, if we have a wonderfully successful season, I'll be happy to eat humble pie. But I just don't see it.

As long as we finish above Wolves, it'll have been a great season! /s

Edited by SpursRiot2012

50 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Martins went to Atletico and would improve every squad in the English top 6, Telles is recognised as one of the better left backs in European football, and only avoids international caps because of Marcelo, with Rose being fucked off he'd be perfect for an improvement let alone a replacement. And Moutinho has gone to a top 6 club (😉) but would defo have made a decent signing at 5 million for Spurs, and probably would end up a starter imho.

EDIT: To add, Spurs may have a decent ish starting XI, however it wasn't good enough to get anywhere near City, or compete in the Champions League. The lack of signings shows a complete lack of ambition. There are plenty of players out there that would have improved your starting XI and squad for decent prices, I've named three, you are clueless if you think Gelson Martins wouldn't have improved your team. But carry on living in denial.

No European football for you next season, I think West Ham have the potential to finisher higher. And all because you stood still happy with a first XI that's won fuck all.

LOL

• Paid Members

Gelson Martins would have improved Spurs' squad. But I don't see how he would have improved the first team. There's a huge difference between the two.

I appreciate that Wolves rolling in Algarve cash now means that many Wolves fans suddenly regard themselves as experts on Portuguese football but it's doubtful Atletico would have signed him if he wasn't available on a free. He's a squad enhancer for them firstly, and he may go on and improve on that. Prior to this situation at Sporting, huge name clubs were hardly falling over themselves to sign him and he didn't have much to offer a mediocre Portugal team in the World Cup.

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

I'll say it again. None of those players would walk into a top 6 Premier League team. Sorry. I actually do watch a fair bit of Portuguese football, having a Sporting Lisbon obsessed neighbour who invites me round to watch, so I do know how decent those 3 are. If Martins walks into a starting position at Atletico Madrid, then fair enough.

Moutiinho a starter? Do me a favour. I'd also wager that Levy took one look at the turmoil that dealing with Lisbon could've had and though "Nah, you're alright"

I'm not living in denial, Gelson Martins wouldn't have improved our team.

"EDIT: To add, Spurs may have a decent ish starting XI, however it wasn't good enough to get anywhere near City, or compete in the Champions League. " Yep. Think it's widely acknowledged that Spurs have been living 'above their means' for a fair few seasons now'. Not a bad showing in the CL though. I mean, I for one will always have those nights against Madrid and Juventus. You enjoy them too?

"The lack of signings shows a complete lack of ambition." I've already said Levy has taken us as far as he can, but there's a world of difference between showing a lack of ambition and lining Jorge Mendes pockets knowing and accepting your stance on things

"No European football for you next season" You're not the Soup Nazi

"I think West Ham have the potential to finisher higher." Nice try

"And all because you stood still happy with a first XI that's won fuck all." Sounds a bit bitter...you OK hun? x

@SpursRiot2012 I get that, but come on. You buy a season ticket with us, you know what to expect. I'm not saying it's right, but you genuinely just have to accept it until the inevitable happens. This has been our policy and way of working for years now. Why is anyone still fucking surprised. This is the team that IIRC had Frasier fucking Campbell as a legitimate option for ages due to our transfer window fuck ups.

And has Levy lied to the fans, do you really believe that?

• Paid Members

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-part-of-the-reason-we-did-not-sign-anyone-tottenham-boss-pochettino-says-11468247

Fucking Brexit tho

Bacon, Levy said the stadium build wouldn't have an effect on player transfers. Clearly it has so either he was lying to placate the THST (which is where I believe he first said that) or massively wrong in his predictions about how the stadium would affect our financial situation.

Plus, Enic value the club at 2bn. So when they do sell, it really is going to have to be to someone in the top ten on the Forbes list or something.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Sounds a bit bitter...you OK hun? x

How is it bitter that I'm of the opinion that Spurs have a solid foundation but find it baffling that they do not have the desire to be better?

What gets me most about your super quote to me is this one passage:

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

there's a world of difference between showing a lack of ambition and accepting your stance on things

I've obviously deleted the Mendes bit as it really serves no purpose to the debate of Spurs, and doesn't make sense because City have given Jorge a shit tonne and they've gotten leagues out of it.

Anyways it's the accepting your stance line, it truly puzzles me that a fan would be happy for their team to sit still. You have a nucleus of a team that could win things, you have a coach that is one of the best in Europe, you have an all singing and dancing new stadium, but you as a fan are content at plodding along for a fourth place finish just like your uninspiring board!? You're fine, even though there have been inklings of league titles, to stop the momentum and be happy as an also-ran!? 

You realise you've turned into an Arsenal clone? Only without silverware? And you as a Spurs fan are willing to accept that stance?

*Must think of inane online sentence to attempt to belittle* ... U Mad, Bro?

I'd pull my hair out if Wolves manage to get that close to success and then just say 'fuck it, we'll probably get 4th anyway' the three players I mentioned would have bolstered your squad, they'd have cost about £30mill for the three of them I reckon (BTW fuck off if you think Ben Davies is anywhere near the player of Telles, stop watch Sporting and watch Porto, they're better by a mile) and Levy should have been all over that Sporting affair, fuck me he went straight for the kill when Villa got financially wounded for a week or so.

Also; my prediction for a Wolves finish, amongst all my top four shouts with nods and winks aplenty, is 14th.

You're a breed apart, you really are. Nowhere have I said I'm happy or content. I just understand the situation.

I'll continue to make my own decisions on who to watch cheers. Porto are better than Sporting? Wow, what insight. 

Also, you have incredibly thin skin for a copper, if you can't take a bit of tongue in cheek comments. I don't care about Mendes, I don't care about Wolves. Enjoy your season.

Ben Chilwell was excellent tonight, as was Luke Shaw. Fairly entertaining opener. 

• Paid Members

I get what Bacon is saying to the point that, yes, we have never been a high and free spending club under Levy's stewardship unless it was money we got from player sales (Bale) and, yes, us complaining about it isn't likely to change anything but I'm of the opinion that a unified, vocal message from the supporters that we are no longer content with being a "nearly" club because Levy and Co don't want to spend the money might force the issue - either get Lewis to open the purse strings for the players we need or sell up. Shit or get off the pot, essentially.

I think Bacon is a Ministry of Defence police officer, so he doesn't need thick skin 😂

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Maddison looked very lively in the first half, could have another young contender for the England team before the end of the season. Perreira also looked decent, a big threat going forward. United weren't particularly dominant or overly convincing, but this United aren't supposed to be are they. 

What on earth happened to that young, exciting player called Marcus Rashford?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Maddison looked very lively in the first half, could have another young contender for the England team before the end of the season.

Madders is a confident, assured player. He's 21 and he basically carried the entire Norwich team on his back last season. Definitely one to watch in terms of his development.