Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm genuinely hoping so, Butch. I could see him getting a fair amount of time in the Europa and cup competitions if he sticks around, but wouldn't be shocked if we loan him either.

He needs minutes either way. All of these young guys do and I just hope the stars have aligned and we have both a manager and board willing to give a bit of time to young players and a type of football that isn't 100% expediency based. I think we can still finish top 4 while blooding some of these guys.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

They've got Wanyama, Dembele and Dier in central midfield. Rose and Davies at LB. You're talking £20m+ to marginally improve. I genuinely think they're the only club who get that. Obviously Levy is tighter than a gnat's chuff but he's not stupid. If it continues window on window when players get older and complacent then fine, criticise. But not spending for spending's sake for one window is sensible.

They can improve by improving players too and learning from previous mistake. They have half a squad who are peak age to do that. Remember when that used to be how football worked?

Poch doesn't seem to rate Wanyama anymore, Dembele's legs have gone and it's not nailed on that Harry Winks is actually good enough to fill those boots just yet, and Eric Dier is highly overrated (and in ny opinion we should have sold him to United for the boatload of cash they would have paid for him when we had the chance).

I like Ben Davies and Danny Rose but Rose is probably going to find himself frozen out again this season because of his attitude during last year's pre season. Ben Davies is good, but not title winning good. On the right hand side we have Trippier and Aurier. We can probably get by with those two, with Aurier playing second fiddle to Trips (unless he shows some serious improvement in his decision making and learns how to operate as a good defender in a wing back role). Our central defenders are probably the best in the country,, that I'll concede.

Dele Allli is great on his day, but his days are not consistent enough yet. Eriksen is great, Son is good although I  believe we could easily improve on him. We didnt see much of Lucas Moura last season, but I was excited by what I did and hope he will be a first team regular this year. Kane of course is great, but we have  nobody that can produce anywhere near his level of end product should he get injured or need a rest. We we lack really anyone off the bench that can come on and change a game for us.

So there you have it: at least three positions in our first team that could be improved upon, and that's without even making improvements to squad players.

Hey, I'll be overjoyed if we can win the title with the squad we have, utilising some of the likes of Amos, Kyle Walker-Peters, Josh Onomah and others. That would be wonderful - but so would winning the lottery and the odds of that happening are better than the odds of us winning the title this year.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

not title winning good.

You're not winning the title unless three others implode. Squad is good enough to challenge for the top 4 and maybe win a cup. Spend anything less than £100m on genuine game changers and it's still the same. IMO. I'd gamble.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Well, that's my point. The club don't want to spend the money required to attract game changers. That's the problem.

Of course not, you've got a stadium to pay for. Can't have everything. Ask Punky.

Top Six: City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, United.

Relegated: Watford, Cardiff, Huddersfield.

UCL: Bayern Munich

Golden Boot: Salah

Player of the Season: De Bruyne

Young Player: James Maddison

Best Signing: Keita

Flop: Kepa

Sacking: Wagner at Huddersfield

Surprise Package: Newcastle

Mourinho: Will last until March

Top Six: City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, United.

Relegated: Cardiff, Newcastle, Watford

UCL: Juventus 

Golden Boot: Kane

Player of the Season: De Bruyne

Young Player: Sane ( would he count still? )

Best Signing: Kovacic

Flop: Fred

Sacking: Javi Gracia

Surprise Package: Fulham

Mourinho: Christmas

6 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

So there you have it: at least three positions in our first team that could be improved upon, and that's without even making improvements to squad players.

And who are these players that could improve our first 11 that fit within our transfer policy and wage bill? Unless you can identify the players that fit in to this, then there is absolutely no point talking about coulda, woulda, shouldas....

I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid as someone mentioned earlier, I'm just being realistic. It makes me die to see these fans whinging about not buying anyone. It's fucking Spurs, what did they expect? "WHY DIDN'T SPURS GO FOR KOVACIC???" lolz.

Until someone comes and buys the club, this is the way it operates. Levy and ENIC have taken us as far as we can. In my opinion, the stadium is Levy's legacy, and I have no doubt he wanted to get to this point and sell up (I mean, as much as he can) People should fucking deal with it, or don't go.

@PunkStep That's terrifying about the Pardew contract. I think David Moyes United contract ran out not long ago as well...

• Paid Members

Top Six: Man City, Liverpool, Man United, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal.

Relegated: Cardiff, Huddersfield & Burnley.

Champions League: Barcelona.

Top Scorer: Harry Kane.

Player of the season: De Bruyne.

Young player of the season:

Best signing: Rui Patricio.

Biggest flop: Jefferson Lerma.

First sacking: Warnock.

Surprise package: None.

When will Jose fuck off?: Next summer.

Fulham have spent £105m. The only surprise will be if they somehow go down.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

And who are these players that could improve our first 11 that fit within our transfer policy and wage bill? Unless you can identify the players that fit in to this, then there is absolutely no point talking about coulda, woulda, shouldas....

Gelson Martins, Alex Telles and dare I say Joao Moutinho. All would have improved your first team and/or squad and wouldn't have cost THAT much.

Edited by Teedy Kay

26 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Gelson Martins, Alex Telles and dare I say Joao Moutinho. All would have improved your first team and/or squad and wouldn't have cost THAT much.

that's hilarious. Absolutely none of them are getting in any top 6 team. There's a reason they're where they are. 

• Paid Members

Didn't Martins go to Atletico, though? I know the free transfer made him more appealing, but they wouldn't have signed him if he couldn't improve their squad.