Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Unless Levy pulls some rabbits out of some hats incredibly quickly, I think I may finally be turning against the ownership.

Don't get me wrong, Levy, with Joe Lewis's money, has been a good steward for the club following the debacles of Irving Scholar and Alan Sugar but once the stadium is complete it seems to me that it's about time, if they are unwilling or unable to really, properly spend the kind of money a Premier League club needs to spend to win titles, they should go ahead and sell up to the wealthiest Russian oligarch or billionaire Sheik or Chinese dude that wants to own a London based Premier League club with a brand new, state of the art stadium and all the cheese that comes along with it.

I'm totally resigned now to the idea that if you can't beat them, join them. The model for success now is spend, spend, spend hundreds of millions of pounds. Burn the academy as a sacrifice to the Gods of 21st century football!

We didn't move to Stratford, at least we have that. If we have to be another financially doped club to achieve success, so fucking be it.

Us Everton fans are bracing ourselves for a mad deadline day tomorrow, Bernard will be officially announced after having his medical today, Mina finally looks a goer after seemingly ages, talk of Zouma on loan (although French media have United linked) and we apparently want Andre Gomes from Barca which, counting Digne and Mina (if finally) would be our 3rd deal with the Catalans this summer

• Paid Members

I've met Jim White and he's a lovely man. He told me that on deadline day he'll fill when the ad breaks come up saying stuff like "After the break we've got news of a MASSIVE move!" and when the crew ask him what he's heard he'll say he's just talking bollocks. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

I've met Jim White and he's a lovely man. He told me that on deadline day he'll fill when the ad breaks come up saying stuff like "After the break we've got news of a MASSIVE move!" and when the crew ask him what he's heard he'll say he's just talking bollocks. 

I can believe that he's a nice bloke but Christ, his morning show on TalkSport is tough listening. Definitely a man more suited to telly. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I can believe that he's a nice bloke but Christ, his morning show on TalkSport is tough listening. Definitely a man more suited to telly. 

Ì didn't know you were a cab driver in your spare time Gus, that's the TalkShite market isn't it. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Ì didn't know you were a cab driver in your spare time Gus, that's the TalkShite market isn't it. 

Class snobbery pigeonholing TalkSport listeners like that. I'll have you know it's listened to by a whole range of people, both cab drivers and men driving in vans. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd rather listen to you rimming Butchi.

Now now, it's not my fault Henriksen's off to Cardiff.

Edited by Devon Malcolm