Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Actually the football nonsense might be a crime. Just a couple more investigations should clear it up.

I don't think who downvoted Teedy is a crime. There is no doubt in my mind though that a lot of football transfers are as dodgy as fuck. Its more sophisticated now than bank accounts in the names of people's dogs but it still goes on. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Well officer, could you work out who broke into my shed and stole my lawnmower and chainsaw rather than wasting your time working out who doesn't like what you say about football on the internet. I know it's obviously below your Sherlock like deductive powers but it's still a crime, unlike your football nonsense. 

Do crime work?

Behave yourself, I may have to arrest someone at the end of it, don't want my figures ruined.

13 years, guess how many arrests?

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Wow, that brings back the memories. 

I'm sure I still have all my old footie mags in the loft at my mother's house. I'll have to find them out so my young 'un knows how amazing kid's football mags were back in the day!

49 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I had a letter printed in Match once, about Wycombe Wanderers, and them not being allowed up because their ground was too small. Weird child.

• Paid Members

Just thinking about Match, my wall chart would be up by now with all the little shirt tabs sorted in alphabetical order ready to go all over my bedroom floor the moment someone opens a door to quickly.

• Paid Members

I bought Match for about 4 years without fail during the "Peter Fear is the future of English football" period. Even after I'd grown out of it. One night I just decided I was done with it and let a mate take the lot. Wish I'd kept them.

I always preferred 90 Minutes for some reason.

Anyone see Pep have a bit of a flounce when Klopp popped in to do his presser and Pep was still doing his?

I love Kloppo but he does remind me of that character that everyone loves and only you can see how much of a snide twat they really are yet if you do the same shit as them you get pelters.  Well that's how Jose probably sees him.

There could definitely be an affable German character in Curb that keeps making Larry look bad.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Anyone remember GOAL! magazine? Showed up around the same time as Match and Shoot, had about four or five issues then the next time my mate and I looked for it at Forbuoys in Armthorpe it was nowhere to be seen.

I still remember Shoot! gave away an inflatable FA Cup one year in time for the final, but I was only allowed one or the other and I couldn't find an issue so folded after the third newsagents and sheepishly accepted the latest Match instead. I maintain i'd still have that inflatable FA Cup if I'd found the issue.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I still remember Shoot! gave away an inflatable FA Cup one year in time for the final, but I was only allowed one or the other and I couldn't find an issue so folded after the third newsagents and sheepishly accepted the latest Match instead. I maintain i'd still have that inflatable FA Cup if I'd found the issue.

I still have an inflatable Phillip Neville somewhere, I think it came free with Match, it was an inflatable variant of the big headed little figures you could get.

I have no idea why I kept it, but it's in my folks' loft somewhere. I need to go up into that loft to find that, FWA on VHS and potential roles of WWF wallpaper.

I know pre season results don't matter and it's mostly an exercise in fitness and organisation, oh and lucrative tours but Mourinho is definitely starting his exit strategy early. On the back of losing to Liverpool 4-1 (Shaqiri scored a glorious bicycle kick) he jibbed the young players, the supporters and the fans.