Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

further shafting the club's who are trying to operate correctly.

Firstly, further suggests clubs are already getting shafted, how exactly?

Secondly, how is what Wolves did last season 'incorrect'? Surely pissing on the league and (in the scheme of things) spending hardly anything is actually the 'correct' way of operating?

I really don't mind the humourous swipes at Wolves, but insinuating Wolves have done anything wrong, especially after two rounds of investigation, on the takeover of the club, and after Villa and Leeds complained is insulting.

Clubs use agents all the time, see United with Mino Raiola, only he seemingly fleeced United for as much money as possible.

Edited by Teedy Kay

46 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

I really don't mind the humourous swipes at Wolves, but insinuating Wolves have done anything wrong, especially after two rounds of investigation, on the takeover of the club, and after Villa and Leeds complained is insulting.

Fair play to Wolves and more power to them, but let's not pretend it's all above board. Its just worked out for you well. Had it not worked out, Wolves fans would be moaning the club has been shafted like many clubs before them. But as I've said, fair play to you lot and I hope you have a good season this year.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Firstly, further suggests clubs are already getting shafted, how exactly?

Secondly, how is what Wolves did last season 'incorrect'? Surely pissing on the league and (in the scheme of things) spending hardly anything is actually the 'correct' way of operating?

Clubs use agents all the time, see United with Mino Raiola, only he seemingly fleeced United for as much money as possible.

Took that totally the wrong way there, mate.

Wolves have done nothing wrong legally or regarding FA rules. What they have done is show other clubs desperate for Premier League football that by getting in an agent and allowing them to "place" players at their club as a way to get them in the shop window, also allows them to get an advantage over the rest of the league and thus a better shot at the Premier League money.

Clubs that don't want to do that, or can't are going to have virtually no chance of going up. For those clubs, it's as big a problem as clubs spending millions of pounds of money they don't have in a gamble to get to the top tier. 

I'll use my club as an example. Barnsley have been run to at least break even for the past 10 years or so. This has meant having to sell top quality(for us) players simply to balance the books and has eventually led to us going down again. The majority of the Clubs that stayed in the Championship or went up have overspent and used money they have not generated through club operations(and/or had millions in parachute payments). How is that a level playing field?

And now, Wolves have found success with their "model", the smaller clubs run the right way are going to have to compete with teams trying to copy said model as well as the overspending clubs...

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Wolves have done nothing wrong legally or regarding FA rules. What they have done is show other clubs desperate for Premier League football that by getting in an agent and allowing them to "place" players at their club as a way to get them in the shop window, also allows them to get an advantage over the rest of the league and thus a better shot at the Premier League money.

I'm a bit hung-over, so I'm not quite grasping the concept here. Could you please elaborate? Did Wolves hire an agent to send players they were always planning on selling to clubs on loan, to raise their value? Or have I misunderstood?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'm a bit hung-over, so I'm not quite grasping the concept here. Could you please elaborate? Did Wolves hire an agent to send players they were always planning on selling to clubs on loan, to raise their value? Or have I misunderstood?

I don't think any of us know 100%. 

The main point I was making in the post though, was that no way in a million years would the big Portuguese players have signed for ANY championship club unless their Agent had a stake in it, which has given them an unfair advantage over the rest of the league. Other teams will see how they have done it, and will copy(looks like Villa are the first) which will make it even harder for smaller clubs/clubs who dont/can't have an agent on board to compete.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I don't think any of us know 100%. 

The main point I was making in the post though, was that no way in a million years would the big Portuguese players have signed for ANY championship club unless their Agent had a stake in it, which has given them an unfair advantage over the rest of the league. Other teams will see how they have done it, and will copy(looks like Villa are the first) which will make it even harder for smaller clubs/clubs who dont/can't have an agent on board to compete.

Ah. The fog has lifted a bit, and I think I get it. 

But surely the risk there is that those players are in the shop window now, meaning Wolves would have to sell them, if that was the agent's whole intention in the first place? I guess it would make it easier to sign others, but there's always the risk with new players that they might not do as well as their predecessors.

• Paid Members

Forrest were doing it before us, in fact they had a relationship with Mendes to boot.

What a lot of people are refusing to see is why the players came, it wasn't to be put in a shop window, the fact the loanees had belting seasons, Boly and Jota shit that league, and had it not been for idiotic rules would have been in the team of the year. Right at the front of that shop window they were, neon lights pointing down over them. Who did they sign for? Us.

These players aren't going in a shop window, they are here for the one thing they all talk about ... The Project.

Fosun want Champions League football, they have a plan to do it.

I'm not saying if the Giant teams come in for Neves his head won't turn, but it'll take mammoth money for our players to go, Wolves are not a selling club, the Southampton model doesn't work for success.

Players have not come to Wolves with their arms twisted behind their backs by Jeff Shi and the Evil Jorge Mendes. Players have come to Wolves after talking to Shi, Dalrymple and Nuno about where they want to go. Boly wasn't hesitant in coming by all accounts, the discussions with the manager is what made up his mind to gamble and go to the Championship, and it paid off as he's going to play Prem footie next year. 

All Mendes does is give Wolves access to his stable to hold those discussions. It will always help that Mendes is exceptionally good friends with Fosun, and that's the difference between us and say Valencia, it's not just business with us.

I love the hope you fuck up and disappear comments, nowt like people having fear of what could be coming.

EDIT: And to add, what Wolves did means the standard of Championship football is only going to improve, as the league becomes looked at with different eyes, those young players wanting football may very well come. This could lead to an end of the way 2nd tier football is viewed in this country, with a necessity to have a codger of a manager and big burly players to lump it up to becoming a cliché. Wolves and Fulham proved that bullshit wrong, alas Cardiff, but hopefully the times are a changing.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

I love the hope you fuck up and disappear comments, nowt like people having fear of what could be coming.

It's not 'fear of what's coming' though. I want to see it go tits up entirely because of you posting about how wonderful Wolves are every three seconds without the merest hint of self-deprication like everyone else has.

9 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Yes, Us Coventry fans are terrified at the thought of Wolves becoming the best league 1-2 yoyo club.

I'm probably wrong on this but regarding the "Shop window for agents" thing, didn't Man Utd signing Bebe have something to do with "Buy this shithouse and you can have access to my other better clients" from the agent?  Or did they simply drop a right clanger?

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Forrest were doing it before us, in fact they had a relationship with Mendes to boot.

What a lot of people are refusing to see is why the players came, it wasn't to be put in a shop window, the fact the loanees had belting seasons, Boly and Jota shit that league, and had it not been for idiotic rules would have been in the team of the year. Right at the front of that shop window they were, neon lights pointing down over them. Who did they sign for? Us.

These players aren't going in a shop window, they are here for the one thing they all talk about ... The Project.

Fosun want Champions League football, they have a plan to do it.

I'm not saying if the Giant teams come in for Neves his head won't turn, but it'll take mammoth money for our players to go, Wolves are not a selling club, the Southampton model doesn't work for success.

Players have not come to Wolves with their arms twisted behind their backs by Jeff Shi and the Evil Jorge Mendes. Players have come to Wolves after talking to Shi, Dalrymple and Nuno about where they want to go. Boly wasn't hesitant in coming by all accounts, the discussions with the manager is what made up his mind to gamble and go to the Championship, and it paid off as he's going to play Prem footie next year. 

All Mendes does is give Wolves access to his stable to hold those discussions. It will always help that Mendes is exceptionally good friends with Fosun, and that's the difference between us and say Valencia, it's not just business with us.

EDIT: And to add, what Wolves did means the standard of Championship football is only going to improve, as the league becomes looked at with different eyes, those young players wanting football may very well come. This could lead to an end of the way 2nd tier football is viewed in this country, with a necessity to have a codger of a manager and big burly players to lump it up to becoming a cliché. Wolves and Fulham proved that bullshit wrong, alas Cardiff, but hopefully the times are a changing.

So, if Mendes wasn't involved at Wolves, all the Mendes managed, Portuguese players would have still chosen Championship Wolves, would they? Or, if Wolves had not gone up, the loanees would still have signed?  Come on, not even a Wolves fan can believe that, can they?

And as for improving the quality of the second tier, that's a load of crap. All it will do is drive up wages and transfer fees even more, creating an even bigger gulf between the haves and have-nots. That will cause less competitiveness, which will result in lower gates and Tv audiences...