Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Good move by Chelsea. If you consider how much the club bounce up and down the league at the moment, they need players who have made high profile mistakes and survived like Rob Green. Mentally strong, unlike that front runner Courtois. People talk about Courtois being good, but he's never even been capped for England. Green is a clear upgrade. 

• Paid Members

Greeno! 😍

He'll be lucky to even get a reserve game for them I expect, but he's a good egg so I'm pleased for him. Hopefully he gets to lift the Premier League trophy at the end of the season without even lifting a finger, before he retires and secures himself the ultimate broadcasting role of being a guest colour-commentating on BBC Radio Norfolk. Living the dream. 

Speaking of seemingly-forgotten goalies moving to giant clubs, we've tapped up Tim Krul on a two-year deal. Hopefully he can get back to the kind of level he reached with Newcastle and Holland a few years back. We actually had a local lad, Remi Matthews, in contention for the number 1 spot, but sadly it looks as though he's not fancied at this point and may have to move on. Shame, Krul could be top signing though. 

In all seriousness are Chelsea only signing Green because his wages are dirt cheap and it fulfils the english quota? 

Feels like when one of them signings you make on Football Manager when you have £200k left and you just need someone to sit on the bench until the next transfer budget comes in.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

In all seriousness are Chelsea only signing Green because his wages are dirt cheap and it fulfils the english quota? 

Feels like when one of them signings you make on Football Manager when you have £200k left and you just need someone to sit on the bench until the next transfer budget comes in.

'The board are delighted to have you at the club and look forward to a long and successful reign. However, fans regard the signing of Robert Green to be a poor piece of business'.

Just came across a live stream of the International Champions Cup United-Real Madrid game on YouTube , and spent the first 15 minutes thinking "Why isn't Ronaldo playing? Fellaini's there and Belgium got further then them in the World Cup???" then I realised Ronaldo has moved to Juventus...Fucking hell Bacon

Then I reaised that Carrick is playing and I'm watching a game from last year....FUCKING HELL BACON

Fuck this heat, it's melting my brain...

9 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Just need to get that mooted Peter Crouch transfer from January over the line and I think we can make a real run at the Chekkatrade Trophy this season. 

I thought Giant Gonzalez would have been the cannier move

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

So Aston Villa have just signed, on loan, an Atletico Madrid keeper who is a client of Gestifute.

The irony-o-meter and Hypocrisy-scale have just hit new highs.

And so it begins. Look's like the Championship is going to turn into a "super agent's" shop window now it has worked for Wolves, further shafting the club's who are trying to operate correctly.