Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I loved Raymond van de Gouw. I have an affinity for all Dutch keepers (Ed de Goey obviously is the best), but there was something about him that made it seem like he only really played football for a laugh and had something better to do. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Whilst Solskjaer clearly has strong links to the club and will have the support of the fans, when you consider that none of the players, staff or management are the same since he left, what does he actually give Man Utd other than an unproven manager from a shit league?

Nit picking slightly.. but Carrick and Ole played together in the 06/07 season.

• Paid Members

Ole is here to kiss babies and try and convince Pogba to stay next season (he won't).

I've read a few articles today about Ole's time with Molde. He's apparently all about publicly bigging up his players and, should he have an issue, it gets kept in the dressing room. Very Fergie. It's the complete opposite of what we just had, which is why it may work out ok. Also worth remembering Phelan is knocking about to give him a hand.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Odd that I would get something factually right, I know, but as I understand it, he didn't win the league managing Molde - he got them up to second place in the last two seasons, although he closed the gap significantly this year over last year. Looking at the progress they've made under him statistically, it wouldn't have been unreasonable to think he might win it with them next season (assuming he definitely goes back to them).

You doing this on purpose now? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

You doing this on purpose now? 

Honestly don't know how I keep doing this. Never used to be this negligent. Guess I was trying to convince myself I could still join in. I did used to, ages ago, difficult to believe as I've made it seem. Ah, well, back to lurking. Apologies, everyone.

Edited by Carbomb

8 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Ole is here to kiss babies and try and convince Pogba to stay next season (he won't).

I've read a few articles today about Ole's time with Molde. He's apparently all about publicly bigging up his players and, should he have an issue, it gets kept in the dressing room. Very Fergie. It's the complete opposite of what we just had, which is why it may work out ok. Also worth remembering Phelan is knocking about to give him a hand.

It's a band aid on a bullet wound. Actually no, it's like trying to remedy a bear attack by using your mouth while denying all known medical cures. Convince Pogba to stay? Any motherfucker should be delighted and proud to play for United. The fact he even needs convincing is the real issue. How on earth did it get to this stage? Well, probably because results really don't matter anymore for United. Overpaid flouncing twats not listening to the manager... Even if you didn't like what Ferguson told you to do, you fucking did it and that was that. It worked. The money men supported it. Style of play? The United tradition? Fuck all that: this absolute disaster of a fucking shower of shit squad needs a brutal punt up the arse, no matter how many replica shirts they sell in Vietnam. Sacking the manager mid season.. Jesus wept. All should be fucking ashamed about what's happened to the club. 

Edited by Brewster McCloud

• Paid Members

Finished watching the Sunderland 'til I Die series on Netflix. Some observations to go along with my initial mention of it a few pages back (Note - these have nothing to do with results on the pitch, tactics etc, these are mainly from a production/character perspective, if that makes sense) - 

- The intro they've produced is absolutely bloody stunning. I know it's on Netflix and they probably had a sizeable budget to get this made, but it still captures the area and it's history perfectly (at least to an outsider, Sunderland-living locals may disagree!). 

- Chris Coleman and Kit Symons seemed like genuinely decent blokes. Little things like their interactions with the staff and the way they spoke with the players etc had me really warming to them. 

- I've seen a few comparisons between this series and Channel 5's 'Being Liverpool' series a few years back. There's definitely some similarities in terms of the execution but overall this feels much more natural and less forced when it comes to the people working at the club (Martin Bain aside). 

- Only minor gripes are that they could probably have focussed on a wider spread of supporters during the series rather than the same faces, also I noticed a lot of crowd shots that were either repeated or blatantly from a different game (for instance, if they scored away from home occasionally they'd cut to a shot from a home game etc), I can see why they've implemented this, guess they were just really struggling for happy crowd shots during the season! 

• Paid Members

Still not as good as Premier Passions, though. The ultimate all access football series. The bloke who owns the pie shop used to live next to me.

Similar to the Premier Passions series, everything seems to be filmed around the Roker area. I live on the other side of the water to the Stadium, and noticed everyone pub, church, house, location was about 2 minutes from the Stadium of Light.

The best thing about the Netflix series was that bloke who said "the papers arent even bothering to write about us, now. There wasnt even a line in the Daily Mail. The tory bastards."

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay