Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Really strong performance against one of the biggest clubs in world football by Liverpool there, a true underdog achievement.

#OneAgainstAll

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Really strong performance against one of the biggest clubs in world football by Liverpool there, a true underdog achievement.

We're not underdogs. I believe the current narrative is "unbeaten at Christmas."

Can't wait to see what this year's desperation Fuck Liverpool is. Last season it was "b-but their song is You'll Never Walk Alone b-but some of them were mean to Karius. Whatsthatabout?"

I reckon we'll throw it on goal difference anyway, in true fashion. Unless Salah starts seriously scoring for fun again. I think he's about about the same goal total now as he was last year. 

VVD looks like a dad playing against his kids in the park. 

#not this year

City are too strong. Liverpool will be the highest points total ever for a second place team I reckon. 

No way we finish below Spurs. I've not paid too much attention to them but is Harry Kane still dropping deep to show he has more to his game? I hope so. He's Alan Shearer through and through and even though goal machines are out of fashion he's one of the best in the world so anything that takes away from that I'm a fan of. Thats if he's not bogged down in his fight against the media and society....

Rebrov was right all along!!  https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/22/london-streets-too-dirty-claim-super-rich-spurs

England’s top Premier League teams attract huge crowds and legions of devoted supporters around the globe. But closer to home they are facing charges of behaving with bullying arrogance towards the communities from which they sprang.

Tottenham Hotspur, the world’s 11th richest club, plays in one of Britain’s most deprived areas. The club has angered locals by protesting that the streets around its new £850m stadium are too dirty for fans and could damage its ambitions to establish “one of the world’s most unique entertainment venues”.

Confidential memos from senior figures in the Labour-run London borough of Haringey, seen by the Observer, highlight Spurs’ complaints that excessive levels of litter and fly-tipping in Tottenham will have a negative impact on the image of their as yet unopened ground, and that the local authority, which has suffered £280m of cuts over the past decade, should pay for cleaning after matches and events.

One memo, written following a meeting between club officials and the council, states: “Spurs were very dismissive as to the current state/appearance of Tottenham and implied that this was not an acceptable environment for their new stadium and supporters.” Another notes: “Spurs as you may be aware quite an aggressive operator [sic]. When the question of all the extra cleaning needed was raised and who would fund it it was made very clear that it would not be paid for by Spurs.”

Residents’ groups have accused Spurs of being insensitive and arrogant towards a community with chronic social problems. Council officials have estimated that it would cost the club about £8,000 to pay for street cleaning after each match or event, which they say Spurs could easily afford. The club had a recent annual turnover of £306m, with £58m profit. The average annual salary for a first-team player is £3.5m, while striker Harry Kane signed a six-year, £62.4m contract in June. One senior Labour councillor, who did not wish to be named, said: “With bigger crowds and more events, extra cleaning is going to be required around the stadium. It’s only fair that Spurs pay for it because they will be generating increased income compared to what they made at their old White Hart Lane ground.”

According to another memo, Spurs are also demanding the council pay £500,000 to resurface part of Tottenham High Road that leads to the ground “as its appearance is detrimental to the street scene around the stadium”.

Campaigner Martin Bell said: “The attitude of Spurs beggars belief and is insulting to the people of Tottenham. The club has a legal and moral responsibility to ensure the area around their new stadium is kept clean because ultimately they are the ones who are really benefiting from it.”

Haringey Council refused to comment on the row. A spokesman said: “Street cleansing has always been part of the local area management plan requirements for the new stadium. Haringey and Tottenham Hotspur are working closely together to ensure the launch of the new stadium is a success.”

A Spurs spokesman said: “Post-match clean-up cost at White Hart Lane was covered by the club’s business rates. The larger new stadium will bring with it significantly larger business rates payments, which will more than cover increased post-match clean-up costs.”

• Paid Members

That were shite. Realistically, it is going to take a couple of transfer windows and a year (if Sarri gets time) to move Chelsea away from the tarted up Pulisball which has been our bread and butter for 15 years.

Even so, monumentally frustrating to continue to see the likes of Willian and Alonso started when there they have been awful for a while and players like Loftus-Cheek fester on the bench.

Edited by Gus Mears

48 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Still early doors, but you might be right...

1538577666_Screenshot2018-12-22at17_17_26.thumb.png.cd204be94f94f1a583c1aab54524f4de.png

:love:

On another note, that strike by Andros Townsend was spectacular. Paging @Frankie Crisp to the thread.

We rarely lose at Ewood so trust Pukki to score another late goal. Fair play to you boys though. I've always had a soft spot for Norwich since one of my earliest football memories of beating you 7-1 back in 1992. I'd love you guys to hang in there and go up.

• Paid Members

Football isn't entertainment remember, so you couldn't have been entertained Devon!

My friend reckons this is the first time United have scored 5 in a league game since Fergie's last game. This true? Speaks volumes if so.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Football isn't entertainment remember, so you couldn't have been entertained Devon!

My friend reckons this is the first time United have scored 5 in a league game since Fergie's last game. This true? Speaks volumes if so.

Its true. Also the first time since Fergie that United have had a manager that watches football and doesnt vomit when he sees a second goal go in.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay