Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Do they do prawn sandwiches in Pound Bakery? Paging @air_raid.

And taint the pastry levels??? I haven't been to a Pound Bakery for ages, don't know if Eccles has one yet.

I'm definitely not "prawn sandwich brigade." Can't even get an away ticket these days. Since Spurs started winning occasionally.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Harry Kane OBE. Society just can’t keep this struggler achieving his goals. Hat trick incoming 

Against all odds as well!

To put things into perspective, unless I'm wrong, multi-trophy winning record goalscorer for both England and Man Utd Wayne Rooney has never been honoured by the Queen.

• Awards Moderator
20 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

On another note, that strike by Andros Townsend was spectacular. Paging @Frankie Crisp to the thread.

It was a lovely coincidence that I was out with mates in Manchester last night. I wasn’t particularly welcomed by a couple of the City fans who were in our company.

That Townsend goal is probably second only to Ambrose at Old Trafford in the ‘shit, did you see that!’ stakes. Mental strike.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:26 PM, hallicks said:

This, to me, is too close to a "win at any or all costs" mentality. All sport should be fun, both playing and watching.

I know I'm late to the party, but if football being fun to watch is more important than winning, why do you think there's punters up and down the country (like me) who watch their football in a shithouse of a stadium surrounded by a few thousand angry fans, cheering on men who can't string two passes together without lumping the ball up the park towards the big centre forward who earns about 800 quid a week?

Entertainment at football, for me, comes from the experience I go through in watching my rubbish team try to win a game at all costs. If it was just about entertainment we'd all just stay at home and watch Super fucking Sunday, no?