Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

As an interim manager? Yeah I'm sure he'll go for that.

In fact, I don't think he'll be their next permanent manager either. I don't think he should be anyway.

While everyone seems to be clamouring for Pochettino, I'd prefer Leonardo Jardim. I don't think many people remember what an incredible job he did at Monaco before many of his best players left. He's got a superb record, he's young, his development of young players was outstanding, and he had a good player and press relationship. He's a proven winner, plus his style of football in the Champions League and Ligue 1 was ahead of what most teams were doing.

• Paid Members

I suggested Jardim to my United supporting friends the other week. Plus he's currently available. But it sounds like they might have their sights on somebody else, otherwise why bring in an interim manager when Jardim is good to go now? Wherever he ends up, that club will be fortunate. He was one of my choices to replace Wenger, ahead of Emery.

But yeah, his development of young players is exceptional and he helped build a lot of careers at Monaco. Sadly the conveyer belt selling-club business mentality of the club was too much for him in the end. When you're selling players to Wolves and Huddersfield, you know you have an uphill battle on your hands.

• Paid Members

My understanding is that they didn't want to bring their permanent manager in now, right in the middle of this shit, but prepare someone by giving them some months to look at the club and put a different behind-the-scenes structure in place. Which seems fair enough and would benefit Jardim or Zidane, if that's the route they go. 

I think we all knew what would happen with Monaco after that couple of great seasons, that the team would be broken up. A real shame, they were one of my favourite ever teams to watch, they even made Ligue 1 watchable. It's noticeable that more teams in France have been playing a more aggressive and attacking style since his Monaco spell, he had quite an impact.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

I fully expect Utd to have a good run now. Whenever a struggling team fundamentally changes the personality of the man at the top, it always seems to work well.

He’ll make some token gesture, like allowing them to have Ketchup with their pasta, and it’ll be all 6-0 thrashings until the end of the season.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Gus Mears said:

I think the big hope for all of us is that Pochettino goes to United at the end of the season and it doesn't work, thus heaping misery on two clubs I don't like in one fell swoop. 

Admittedly, the major reason I'd like to see Pochettino go to United is because of how much it would upset Spurs and their fans.

• Paid Members

I reckon they'll look at him until about March and make a decision one way or the other. In the meantime they could get in Zidane or Jardim's ear about taking over in August and make a solid offer to them if OGS can't pull off a miracle.