Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yes but do you REALLY want to watch that brand of football week in and week out? Surely watching football isn't just about winning. Especially when you support a club where you have been fortunate enough to see them win everything.

If Mourinho didn't buy the players he wanted then why did he buy them in the first place? This notion that he didn't have the players he wanted is insane. I can imagine Ed Woodward FaceTiming him at 4am with "Jose! Wake up! I'm buying Pogba tomorrow. Soz mate."

it's frustrating for sure, Ive regularly screamed at the TV for Utd to create something, or push on but football is about winning, and generally, Jose wins. we've spent the last 5 years watching Moyes and Van Gaal's United teams - I'd take Jose's team and all that entails before I went back to either of those.

I don't think Mourinho has been completely backed.

• Paid Members

You cant buy your way out of trouble. At some point you have to get the best out of what you have, and he didnt. Going to Anfield with that midfield for fucks sake! I dont care how up for it those players were, the sheer lack of movement was horrendous. His tactics were outdated. The reason United leak so many goals is because the lack of pressing the side does, you're bound to invite preasure. Newcastle, Palace, Southampton, all these teams desperate for points on the board completely expoited this. His man management was no-existent. He had fallings out with everyone. Shaw, Pogba, Martial, Bailly, Rashford the main targets. His signings were piss poor. Matic, Peresic, Alderweireld being his targets and re-signing Fellaini on a 20 year contract Bret Hart style to rejuvinate the side summed him up. Good players, but no vision past 18 months time. Matic is a mess of a player at the minute. The combination of outdated style, shit signings and being a bully is why he's out of a job.

What is a "Jose Mourinho side" anyway? That's the only defence of him I'm hearing. "Didnt get the money to build a Jose Mourinho side." Is he really that bad of a people person he couldnt raise the game of players he'd already had? United are far from title winners, but with this squad should they really have a negative goal difference in December? Fuck off. When he wanted Martial and Shaw out, that's when the decision should have been made to sack him. How do you look at that United side, with all those players who deserve a slap and think Martial and Shaw leaving would be a step in the right direction?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Christ. The entitlement from Utd fans is why they are the most hated fans. This is a sport. It’s results based. As I seem to repeatedly say I’d take a boring so called anti football one nil win over a free flowing 3-2 loss every single time. 

If you’d rather be entertained then have your prawn sandwich and score as many backheels and robanas on your Xbox. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Christ. The entitlement from Utd fans is why they are the most hated fans. This is a sport. It’s results based. 

That's why he was still in the job in August. He's now failing in the results department, and he's shown before that he isn't the right guy to turn things around. He exasperates bad situations.