Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Having watched six episodes of Sunderland 'Til I Die on Netflix, why is it that pretty much every goal that Sunderland concedes (which is a lot) looks like they could have been saved by a decent 'keeper? Both Lee Camp and Jason Steele look fucking turgid, no wonder they got relegated (again).

Surprised it took so long to sack Mourinho tbh. The game's passed him by but he's too stubborn to change.

• Paid Members

Absolutely delighted to see Jose get the chop. He was the wrong man for the job at this juncture, and he only confirmed it more and more with each passing month. He had to go whilst there was still the possibility of getting 4th place. Someone give me a rope, as I'm starting to sound like an Arsenal fan.

Really though, imagine how depressed you would be having to be around Jose everyday? Negativity pretty much all the time. Any wonder he alienates people, there's only so long you can cope with that siege mentality before it just doesn't work and you decide you would prefer to shoot Mourinho out of a cannon than be around him in a huff. 

• Paid Members

I'm stunned they sacked him. Even after the dicking they got the other day.

Probably going to be a caretaker until the end of the season, so I dont expect a Zidane or Poch or anything like that. Probably Solksjaer or Nicky Butt. Seasons a write-off anyway, so it'll be interesting to see who takes over.

I'm disappointed they've made this decision. I said to my mate last night that it feels like they have to make a decision one way or the other - back their man, sell Pogba, and reinvest with players he wants, or if you think Jose has lost the dressing room and the problems are his doing, then sack him, keep Pogba and see if a new man can get a tune out of him and his sulky team mates.

I think they should have taken the first option, personally.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

I'm disappointed they've made this decision. I said to my mate last night that it feels like they have to make a decision one way or the other - back their man, sell Pogba, and reinvest with players he wants, or if you think Jose has lost the dressing room and the problems are his doing, then sack him, keep Pogba and see if a new man can get a tune out of him and his sulky team mates.

I think they should have taken the first option, personally.

Reinvest it in more players to cement his tedious brand of anti-football. Honestly amazes me that people wanted to see more of that.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I thought it had already been confirmed that Carrick was taking over until the end of the season?

Nah. The club said he's manager for 2 days, then they'll announce a temp manager to take over for the rest of the season. Ole is heavily linked.

4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Reinvest it in more players to cement his tedious brand of anti-football. Honestly amazes me that people wanted to see more of that.

quite true that it's not brilliant to watch, but it works. he won the league cup, and the europa league, and last season they were 'the best of the rest' behind a Man City side that steam rollered the entire competition.

I'm probably biased, because I like Mourinho, but I think they should have kept him and binned off the toxic wasters in the squad, like Pogba, and Alexis.

• Paid Members
Just now, Ricc1PW said:

quite true that it's not brilliant to watch, but it works. he won the league cup, and the europa league, and last season they were 'the best of the rest' behind a Man City side that steam rollered the entire competition.

I'm probably biased, because I like Mourinho, but I think they should have kept him and binned off the toxic wasters in the squad, like Pogba, and Alexis.

It doesn't work. It didn't work last season and it's not worked this season. In his first season he put all his eggs in one basket to get Champions League qualification and the gamble paid off. Nobody cares about the League Cup.

'Toxic wasters' like Sanchez and Pogba weren't such a thing before they came to United. Coincidence? No.

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It doesn't work. It didn't work last season and it's not worked this season. In his first season he put all his eggs in one basket to get Champions League qualification and the gamble paid off. Nobody cares about the League Cup.

'Toxic wasters' like Sanchez and Pogba weren't such a thing before they came to United. Coincidence? No.

I don't know, the League Cup isn't important true, but its a trophy, and he won the Europa League and got back into the champions league, and last year they were second, in a year no one could forsee, or catch that Man City team.

obviously Jose shoulders some of the blame for the attitude some of the team have, and the atmosphere at the club but I'd still err on the side of having the proven trophy winner in charge with players he wants.

now they've gone this way hopefully whoever is appointed can get Pogba and Alexis et al performing as we all know theyre capable of. if it doesn't work and these players leave anyway, it makes the sacking pointless.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

obviously Jose shoulders some of the blame for the attitude some of the team have, and the atmosphere at the club but I'd still err on the side of having the proven trophy winner in charge with players he wants.

Yes but do you REALLY want to watch that brand of football week in and week out? Surely watching football isn't just about winning. Especially when you support a club where you have been fortunate enough to see them win everything.

If Mourinho didn't buy the players he wanted then why did he buy them in the first place? This notion that he didn't have the players he wanted is insane. I can imagine Ed Woodward FaceTiming him at 4am with "Jose! Wake up! I'm buying Pogba tomorrow. Soz mate."