Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

As he used the same word as SuperBacon - why do you think he's "loathsome" (which was his opinion of Hamilton) - when asking if it's because he's uppity, I took it to mean he's suggesting he may not like him for racist reasons.

But maybe I misread it and if so then I take it back.

21 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

At which point has he had to do anthing different to anyone else? That tends to be the road into football for young players, and to be fair he's had it far easier than a David Brooks who had to go to City to the Blades and work up, or a James Vardy who had to claw for everything from non-league. Harry Kane is a Great White Hope. He's not had to suffer anything which isn't a working hazard.

Again, I didn’t equate his situation or story to anyone else’s and didn’t say he had it harder than anyone else. Both great examples of how hard players have to work. There are plenty of players who have had it harder, I didn’t say there weren’t. I merely, as a Spurs biased fan who has followed his career for a long time, said that he has done everything he can to take himself to the top of the game...

...but he hasn’t won a trophy has he???? PUT THE PRESSURE ON TROPHY THOUGH!!!!

Reading some of the comments about Hamilton in here, I wonder if any of you actually WATCH F1.

The whiny Hamilton who blames other people and plays the victim - that Hamilton is long gone, seasons ago.  The guy has matured and grown up immeasurably in the last 2 or 3 years.  He's calm, focussed, practically zen-like some weekends.  He's becoming an elder statesman of the sport, and is now the guy who looks at the longer game and acts like someone in a position of responsibility.

The proper pricks on the paddock nowadays are guys like Verstappen, who is like a younger Hamilton on steroids - arrogant, unyielding, short-tempered, mean-spirited, and of course quite brilliant.  It's these sort of character traits that allow these guys to drive these vehicles to the very limits of control lap after lap.  It makes for great telly, but it certainly doesn't make them role models.

So yeah - if you're moaning about Hamilton at this stage, a man who's now etched his face into the Mount Rushmore of motor racing and done so this season with grace, sportsmanship and utter brilliance, perhaps there's more underlying your dislike of him than you'd care to admit.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Reading some of the comments about Hamilton in here, I wonder if any of you actually WATCH F1.

The whiny Hamilton who blames other people and plays the victim - that Hamilton is long gone, seasons ago.  The guy has matured and grown up immeasurably in the last 2 or 3 years.  He's calm, focussed, practically zen-like some weekends.  He's becoming an elder statesman of the sport, and is now the guy who looks at the longer game and acts like someone in a position of responsibility.

The proper pricks on the paddock nowadays are guys like Verstappen, who is like a younger Hamilton on steroids - arrogant, unyielding, short-tempered, mean-spirited, and of course quite brilliant.  It's these sort of character traits that allow these guys to drive these vehicles to the very limits of control lap after lap.  It makes for great telly, but it certainly doesn't make them role models.

So yeah - if you're moaning about Hamilton at this stage, a man who's now etched his face into the Mount Rushmore of motor racing and done so this season with grace, sportsmanship and utter brilliance, perhaps there's more underlying your dislike of him than you'd care to admit.

It's almost as if the media have some agenda against successful black men or something.

• Paid Members

I find it funny that everyone in the game seems to be under this illusion that Jesse Lingard a fucking man in the top office of a building after a day at Carrington, making all these decisions over this business he has started. Ince and Keane and all this lot seem to think he's that cunt from Bathing Ape, networking and drawing up ideas and that his performance is suffering from it. The reality is its a licensing agreement. He's lent his name to sell clothes. He does nothing but sign a piece of paper and put one leg in the trousers followed by the other. Even Phil Jones could do that (possibly.) He's not the head of a clothing line. He's a bloke who they use to sell clothes. Not unlike what Man United and England use him for, to sell their replica shirts.

Jesse Lingard's decent player, who can have really good games. But when the whole team is shite and the tactics and the motivation of the side is all to cock, he's not carrying the team to 4th place. So I have no idea why he's getting singled out for this mess United are in. For a player who isnt as fast as Rashford, isnt as skillful as Martial, wasnt as touted to be anything of note by the youth staff he's one of the games overachievers. Yet he's getting pelters but everyone, just because he gets under the skin of miserable cunts. He's generally well liked by people in the game. His teams mates for England and United. And famous Fun Time Frankies Louis Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho like him a lot. It's probably "blame the cello player on the Titanic" type shit with Lingard.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

J Lingz you mean? The 26 year old who acts like a 14 year old who does all these silly hand gestures and dancing and generally looks like he don’t give a shit when Utd get dicked on every week.

Who has his jewellery range and clothes range and once tweeted during a minutes silence? Can’t see why some of the old gaurd don’t like him. The bloke looks and acts like a total muppet and thats nothing to do with him being mixed race.

1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

J Lingz you mean? The 26 year old who acts like a 14 year old who does all these silly hand gestures and dancing and generally looks like he don’t give a shit when Utd get dicked on every week.

Who has his jewellery range and clothes range and once tweeted during a minutes silence? Can’t see why some of the old gaurd don’t like him. The bloke looks and acts like a total muppet and thats nothing to do with him being mixed race.

Whilst he's probably not the kind of guy I'd hang out with, what's the big deal? I find it hilarious that a lot of ex pros have a pop about today's players for posting on Instagram or doing some daft dance from Fortnite when a lot of them used to be part of card schools and booze loads. And Roy Keane can piss off. A man that's had how many bans throughout his career for going out to injure opponents cannot have a go at other players for commitment.

I’m sure if young white lads were coming up with dances and handshakes and whatnot, they wouldn’t be derided and accused of acting all ghetto, or being wiggas or appropriating black culture because race has fuck all to do with it. You get me, fam? Blud is just reppin da ends, you feel me?

its obvious that players should be posting vids of themselves crying after a bad performance and not be misusing social media as some kind of platform for their own personal use.