Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Christ. The entitlement from Utd fans is why they are the most hated fans. This is a sport. It’s results based. As I seem to repeatedly say I’d take a boring so called anti football one nil win over a free flowing 3-2 loss every single time. 

That's not entitlement. It's people wanting specific things from what they are watching.

I've seen United win everything. I've been fortunate to be alive during this era. I also accept that in many sports, success is cyclical. It was always going to end sometime. While I'm waiting for it to be United's turn again, I want to at least be entertained. This generalisation of United fans (or any other fans for that matter) is tribalism and nothing more.

3 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

It’s got to make it worse that their 2 biggest rivals are flying and playing some of the best football ever seen in this country. 

Plus if you aren’t winning games it’s going to add to the frustration. Football is a results game after all  

But they are usually the ones decrying Pulisball and “Small” teams being defensive while banging in about The United Way. The United way is plastics wanting entertainment. 

25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

While I'm waiting for it to be United's turn again, I want to at least be entertained.

I can understand the entertainment perspective from a neutral point of view, such as every single Premiership game I watch, but entertainment is subjective, results are not.

27 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This generalisation of United fans (or any other fans for that matter) is tribalism and nothing more.

It's the experience of knowing glory hunters.  I'm in the advantageous position of growing up around glory hunters and also living in Manchester for the last 10 years.  Glory hunters, or out of town fans or whatever you want to call them are entitled by their very nature, they support the club BECAUSE of success.  They are the Prawn Sandwich brigade.  Mancunian fans tend to be grounded in the sport mentality as they are supporters for geographical reasons.  Even before it went tits up, younger mancs I worked with knew it was a matter of time before they weren't at the top table anymore, they didn't have the entitlement.

When I talk about entitlement, I mean glory hunters.  This is all new to a lot of them and it's wonderful to see them crying now they aren't a top team.

But yeah, as a huge Jose fan, there isn't any defence of the results.  Sure, he isn't in charge of how much was spent, but he is responsible for the amount of players brought in. I think he'll be back an Inter next season.

It's the boardroom where Man Utd need to focus, that's the part of the club in total disarray since Fergie and Gill left, they still haven't recovered from that and until that's sorted they'll still be spunking money chasing the fourth place cup.

• Paid Members

Aye. Defensive football can be tolerated if it works, but it's been a complete shambles this season. This year the club has put up with grim, stale football that yields all the defensive resistance of Peter North's pierced condom. People seem to forget that Ferguson's last couple of seasons featured some truly uninspired football, which was running on the last fumes of maybe his greatest team. The team was regularly ridiculed in the media for not being up to it, but they got the job done so the fans weren't giving a shite.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Christ. The entitlement from Utd fans is why they are the most hated fans. This is a sport. It’s results based. As I seem to repeatedly say I’d take a boring so called anti football one nil win over a free flowing 3-2 loss every single time. 

Are they? Might be different based on where everyone lives, but Liverpool fans tend to be the most hated around here anyway.

I can't imagine how bad it'll be when they eventually win the PL.

Edited by garynysmon

9 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Are they? Might be different based on where everyone lives, but Liverpool fans tend to be the most hated around here anyway.

I can't imagine how bad it'll be when they eventually win the PL.

Do you live near the @PowerButchi coined “Scouse overspill”?  I can imagine they must be a bit much. But I’ve found across the country it’s Man Utd fans, especially the ones from places that have their own football teams. 

I think Liverpudlian Liverpool fans are pretty grating though. 

• Paid Members

I'm a man in my 30s, who struggles with life occassionally and has a hard time getting through a days work sometimes when I feel crippling anxiety coming on. This idea that I'm sitting watching a team I supported since a young boy and rubbing the front of my trousers going "come on, counter attack these cunts, make me feel alive for one more day" is simply wrong. There's nothing in my life I feel entitled about, a football team is hardly going to be the start of this ego trip.

Also, I dont eat prawn sandwiches and I dont play on Fifa. I prefer a savaloy dip from the butchers and wanking over Jo Guest.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I guess it can depend on geography but my perception was United were the most hated across the country, even back when they were pre-Cantona crap.

I don't know why anybody gets upset about their team being hated anyway, why would a person care about that.

10 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I'm a man in my 30s, who struggles with life occassionally and has a hard time getting through a days work sometimes when I feel crippling anxiety coming on. This idea that I'm sitting watching a team I supported since a young boy and rubbing the front of my trousers going "come on, counter attack these cunts, make me feel alive for one more day" is simply wrong. There's nothing in my life I feel entitled about, a football team is hardly going to be the start of this ego trip.

Also, I dont eat prawn sandwiches and I dont play on Fifa. I prefer a savaloy dip from the butchers and wanking over Jo Guest.

You’re still a glory supporter though. In fact you even said on here once that you’re beyond caring about results. You don’t get more prawn sandwich than that.