The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

The Four Horsewomen angle could have played out much better, except only three of the WWE “horsewomen” were at ringside, and you had the super-friendly-happy Bayley clambering to the front and gang-signing it up in Baszler’s face.

I'd use Sasha's absence as a catalyst for her much-discussed heel turn. Have her walk out on the other three, then kick off about the other three talking her into a fight she didnt choose against legitimate badasses where she could have gotten her face caved in. Or something.

Although actually Alexa is doing fine as Raw's top bitch, so only do that if Sasha moves to SmackDown after Mania.

They should of swapped Sasha with Bayley. not have Bayley there and then have 4 vs 4 match and have Rousey's team win, Charlotte, Sasha and Becky turn on Bayley similar to the original 4 Horsemen turning on Sting and then build up Bayley Vs Charlotte for the Women's title at Mania, yes this would mean somehow having all 4 women on the same brand but this is what I would do.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, Supremo said:

I've only watched Episode 1 so far. Is Shayna actually good, then? Do people think she'd have made the finals if she wasn't pals with Rousey? 

What are your thoughts on Shayna overall Supremo? I have always got the impression she was a MMA fighter who believed her own hype way to much, sure she might be a pioneer but her legacy will always be 'Ronda's mate'

2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

What are your thoughts on Shayna overall Supremo? I have always got the impression she was a MMA fighter who believed her own hype way to much, sure she might be a pioneer but her legacy will always be 'Ronda's mate'

The only reason any of them are there is becasue they're Ronda's mates. It's like hiring Lanny to keep Randy happy.

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

The only reason any of them are there is becasue they're Ronda's mates. It's like hiring Lanny to keep Randy happy.

It couldn't possibly be that she's been putting the work in on the indies? Couldn't possibly be that she's done good work in Shimmer and Stardom? 

Or that she brings a different vibe in ring? 

I'm not convinced they'll do Horsewomen vs Horsewomen in all honesty.

I can't see Vince looking at Jessamyn Duke and thinking he wants her anywhere near a WWE ring. Will they do business with Rousey? Of course they will, but even Ronda isn't anywhere near the name she was 2 years ago.

Isn't there the possibility that it was mostly just a tease to get eyes on the Classic?

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

I'm not convinced they'll do Horsewomen vs Horsewomen in all honesty.

I can't see Vince looking at Jessamyn Duke and thinking he wants her anywhere near a WWE ring. Will they do business with Rousey? Of course they will, but even Ronda isn't anywhere near the name she was 2 years ago.

Isn't there the possibility that it was mostly just a tease to get eyes on the Classic?

Nah. Nobody subbed to the Network to watch the Network exclusive Mae Young Classic because of Rousey et al being ringside.

So who are the 9 that are signed (to NXT deals right?)

I actually thought Baszler would take this, just to legitimize her a bit for a potential Horsewomen feud. Could have easily been put straight onto the Smackdown roster to get involved with Charlotte and Becky. Kairi wouldn't have lost anything in losing. She already stole the tournament with several matches and we've already done the undefeated Japanese girl gimmick with Asuka. Bear in mind Io Shirai (?) is waiting in the wings. That's actually the Takeover title match they should do now in the manner of a Bate/Dunne barnburner.

General thoughts: Why were the crowd going ape-poopy for Jazzy Gabert in the 6 woman tag? She was 'ok' in her tournament match but she's been bloody awful every time i've seen her and one of the worst things of all time on the TNA Wembley Impact tapings. I assume she has some Progress internet points or something. Anyway, she'll get signed.

Dakota Kai is everything.

Toni Storm - absolute must for a contract. Take my money. 21. Rhea Ripley because she's 20 also. I can't see any downside other than having too many hot Australian birds.

Bianca Belair - they love an athlete. She was excellent in the Sane match. Incredible Olympian type physique.

Vanessa Borne, if I recall was the former cheerleader. I can't remember her match much but I remember that she has the most main roster friendly look, much like a 'Diva' which will go down well with Vince.

I think they are trolling us with Santana Garrett. Out in the first and even gets pinned in the 6 woman. It's never gonna happen is it?

Tessa Blanchard is waaaaay better than her past NXT bouts have shown. Completely upped her game in all areas. Ellerings girl is a waste of space on the other hand.

Really like Sarah Logans look.

Don't think they'll sign Kay Lee Ray, Martinez, Mia Yim or Marti Belle. None are atttractive enough and two aren't any good. They were shit in TNA too.

Piper may get signed because she's different. Abbey Laith may have an NXT contract but she ain't going up. Candice Lerae didn't impress me in any way and I don't think being Johnny's wife is enough to get her onboard.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Philjax said:

Kairi wouldn't have lost anything in losing. She already stole the tournament with several matches and we've already done the undefeated Japanese girl gimmick with Asuka. Bear in mind Io Shirai (?) is waiting in the wings. That's actually the Takeover title match they should do now in the manner of a Bate/Dunne barnburner.

Io Shirai isn't coming. She had a neck injury so they recinded their offer.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Io Shirai isn't coming. She had a neck injury so they recinded their offer.

Io hasn't come YET. I'd bet my left nut she still comes.

Archived