The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I'm going to have to start muting Cole.

9jX9F.gif

THIS IS A JACKNIFE PIN.

Why does Michael know phrases like jacknife pin and Asai moonsault without fucking knowing what they are?? I'm not sure even bloody Mauro would have confused Toni's bridge with a jacknife pin.

"To advance" - FUCK OFF.

Storm and Hiroyo had a good match as two experienced finished articles should.

Kacy popped me big with the deja vu into DDT. Ripley is going be the real deal, she basically deadlifted Catanzaro into that Riptide. The future is bright.

Lacey is OK, at this point I buy Conti more as a fighter.

"A true Japanese legend" says Cole of Meiko, literally couldn't sound more bored. Cunt. "WCW's old Monday Nitro." Cunt. 

Meiko v Mercedes was a proper wrestling match. Struggle for the armbar, build to the eventual fisherman buster, Satomura having to dig out the Scorpion Rising to win. Great stuff.

Pretty sure Toni v Io is your final although given that Io is going to be made a star either way, Toni v Rhea might make more sense for the big night, Toni picking up the win she would have been ready for last year. Girls a star.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 9/8/2018 at 2:03 PM, air_raid said:

She'll have a great match with either Mercedes or Ashley based on their respective talent and experience, I expect a hard fought win (maybe requiring a Scorpion Rising) before she puts over one of the ones they're signing in the quarters to give them the big rub.

Sorry for the double post but revision to this : no chance in hell does Meiko lose to Lane. Out in the semis to Toni which she won't mind at all. Toni v Meiko, Io v Rhea. Japan v Oz.

• Paid Members

Kacy has loads of potential, little girls would love her as a Rey type flashy underdog. Loved this week's episode, I could watch those two Aussies all day, the main event was great as well. Lacey isn't one of the standouts for me at all though.

Renee is like a zombie on commentary, "Beth what does this match mean to all the young girls who don't know who Meiko is?"

I watched it on mute this week due to Renee’s OHHHHHHHs for every move even fucking roll ups.

Meiko/Mercedes was a great match.  Add me to the Io/Toni final though, they’re both signed up and I doubt they would put someone else in that final spot at the PPV

• Paid Members

Meiko/Mercedes was extraordinary, even by Meiko's high standards. So many little bits of business that raised it above the level of almost any other wrestling I've seen this year. One I can see myself going back to over and over again, and finding new things to appreciate every time.

26 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I don't remember her much from last year but Rhea Ripley has really impressed me this time around. Fantastic presence. Sign her up if she's not already!

She’s been signed up since last year as far as I’m aware, just does the house shows, 

Shes NXT UK women’s champion

27 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I don't remember her much from last year but Rhea Ripley has really impressed me this time around. Fantastic presence. Sign her up if she's not already!

She was signed before last year's tournament.

This week's show was fantastic I thought.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Meiko/Mercedes was extraordinary, even by Meiko's high standards. So many little bits of business that raised it above the level of almost any other wrestling I've seen this year. One I can see myself going back to over and over again, and finding new things to appreciate every time.

William Regal highly praised the match on Twitter and said it should be studied as a great example of wrestling.

High praise indeed.

3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

She's the best thing in this tournament for me.  Superstar look, great character, athletic.  Bags of potential, glad to hear she's signed.  The though of a match between her and Shayna Baszler definitely makes me tingle.

29 minutes ago, Statto said:

Loved Meiko vs Mercedes, but couldn't wait for it to be over so I didn't have to hear Renee go "OHHHHHHHH!" again.

I didn’t notice her Ohhhing as much during Super Showdown which was a relief but yea she’s proper shit here when I’m assuming Vince isn’t in her ear for this Tournament. 

• Paid Members
On 10/5/2018 at 12:49 PM, Loki said:

The though of a match between her and Shayna Baszler definitely makes me tingle.

Two heels. Doesn't work for me, brother. Best of infinity series with Dakota.

Archived