The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Really surprised that Zeuxis went through, she was shit and they seemed to be pushing Ariel Monroe.

I don’t like Mercedes Martinez, she looks like she’d be sticky and smell of bins

I was surprised it wasnt Madison Rayne going through as surely she's the big name signing for WWE? 

• Paid Members

Not certain, but I think that might have been a one-off for Rayne, at least as it stands. Obviously there are WWE contracts these days that are more flexible than ever before, but she's still working indies and did All In since the MYC was taped.

I actually did a little fist pump when Mercedes picked up the win. I'm not sure if it's the fact she spent so long playing the bitchy heel in TNA or the fact she's married to Josh Matthews, but I find Rayne deeply unlikable.

Give me Reina Gonzalez as a dominant bigger wrestler over Nia Jax any day. Her match was fun and the gymnast had some cool tricks.

I was hoping Reina would win though so we could get a Big Lass Battle with Ripley in round 2

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, elisarcabrera said:

I was surprised it wasnt Madison Rayne going through as surely she's the big name signing for WWE? 

She's only a big name if you think achievements in TNA count, and WWE don't.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, elisarcabrera said:

well if you were a man in TNA it would, AJ etc

No. AJ Styles was a global superstar who worked nearly two years in New Japan further underlining that he could stand out on a big stage, not just as the big fish in a small pond, and that he could sell merch and draw a gate. Hardly fair comparison to Rayne who essentially only has "was made a star in TNA" to her name. Gender has nothing to do with it, either.

the closet TNA got to a mention when AJ came in was on The Edge & Christian network show, where they played 'will they talk about about the place AJ used to work?', to which AJ said "haha, you shouldn't".

Granted things have changed slightly in the 3 years since, but again thats all tucked away on Network exclusive shows. If Sting was to return tomorrow, they'd be pretending he'd gone back to the call centre he was working in after WCW closed

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

That and Dixie Carter as a talking head on the Kurt Angle documentary last year.

As an aside, the commentatory on the Shield/Kurt v Miz et al match at TLC was laughable in that Graves (IIRC) mentioned it was a stupid match for Kurt to take after "11 years away from the ring." So not only was he not wrestling for TNA, apparently he stopped wrestling at all in 2006. Extraordinary.

• Paid Members

"-- Madison Rayne made an appearance on The Taz Show today and made an announcement that she has signed a one-year contract with Ring of Honor (ROH)."

That's put to bed for now then.

Kind of a 'm'eh' show for me this week to be honest.
Nothing outstanding but nothing horrendous either. Toni v Jinny was the match of the night for me. 

Next week should be good with Io finally making an appearance. Her and Xia have wrestled before and am anticipating the match will be positioned as the main event so hopefully should be a good one. Hiroyo Matsumoto's good too and I hope she beats Rachel Ellering as her v Toni could be all kinds of good.

Archived