The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Io's "one of the most decorated wrestlers in the world"...if you only count shitty Stardom Titles & they are shitty, by comparison to say the heyday of the WWWA or in more recent times the NEO & JWP Titles. That moonsault can land anywhere. Who the fuck gets excited about moonsaults anyway. Is it 1992 again? As for the comment about turning her heel; both her and her sister generally were heels. That only really changed for Io following the Mexico incident with NOSAWA, after which she had to appear contrite and the change was probably born more out of necessity, at that time, than anything else.

3 minutes ago, KingofSports said:

Apparently, Io's "one of the most decorated wrestlers in the world"...if you only count shitty Stardom Titles & they are shitty, by comparison to say the heyday of the WWWA or in more recent times the NEO & JWP Titles. That moonsault can land anywhere. Who the fuck gets excited about moonsaults anyway. Is it 1992 again? As for the comment about turning her heel; both her and her sister generally were heels. That only really changed for Io following the Mexico incident with NOSAWA, after which she had to appear contrite and the change was probably born more out of necessity, at that time, than anything else.

In fairness they would be idiots if they didn't hype their newest 'high profile' acquisition who they are looking to push as the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Truth seldom matters in these things.

• Paid Members

YMMV but I fucking love Io.

8 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pretty sure Tegan would have beaten Ripley had she not been injured.

You're correct. Now we can talk about it, DA MELTZ has written about the original plan prior to Tegan's injury and at the very least, she'd have made the final.

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

YMMV but I fucking love Io.

You're correct. Now we can talk about it, DA MELTZ has written about the original plan prior to Tegan's injury and at the very least, she'd have made the final.

Hmm, I would have had Io go over in their match to be honest.
Her redemption story is great but having her nearly make it to the PPV only to be thwarted at the last hurdle would have given her even more story to work with in my opinion.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Hmm, I would have had Io go over in their match to be honest.

I found it an interesting revelation juxtaposed to my idle wondering about the possibility of a Toni v Rhea final because Io doesn't need the win to end up a star.

Of course, in foolishly listening to "original plans for Tegan Nox" I unwittingly had the actual last 2 ruined for me. Humph.

Probably a weird thing to compliment but Ripley showed remarkable poise for still playing the smug cunt in victory instead of letting concern for her colleague show through.

COLE WATCH : "A schoolboy into a jacknife cover" as the description of Toni's winning cradle against Matsumoto is a mind-bogglingly inaccurate call for a guy who's seen as many schoolboys and jacknife pins as Cole. I'm shocked he didn't fucking call it a senton and have done with it.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:00 PM, air_raid said:

There are degrees to which I'd really rather wrestlers try and maintain the facade of "it's real" but not preserving their dignity isn't one of them.

WELL, in that sense, anyway.

Nicole was unfortunate that her first gear had her arse spilling out constantly and her second gear had her tit spilling out constantly

I wasn't complaining like, but goes to show you don't wear untested gear for something as big as this

The way Cole constantly puts over Meiko is baffling considering she hasn’t been signed, I understand putting someone over on commentary to make an eventual loss seem bigger but what’s the story here? 

Did they even want her? Or is Meiko not interested? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The way Cole constantly puts over Meiko is baffling considering she hasn’t been signed, I understand putting someone over on commentary to make an eventual loss seem bigger but what’s the story here? 

Did they even want her? Or is Meiko not interested? 

The Meiko stuff is interesting. She's forged a relationship with Trent Seven and Fight Club:Pro (she's their current champ and she helped FCP secure their first ever Japanese show, scheduled for early January) and she's a regular with WXW (regular partners with PROGRESS and Meltzer rumoured them to be part of WWE's German territory) but there is no news that she is being signed. Maybe they see her more as a utility player? Someone who can open doors for them into other ventures and markets as well as helping with the international expansion. 

Then again, there was a massive spotlight on Kota Ibushi during the CWC and he told WWE to stick the offer up their arse so who really knows whats going on.

• Paid Members

Why WOULDN'T they put over someone's standing in the game when they're putting her into the semi finals? And because her being a big deal makes it mean something when a star in waiting beats her in the semi or final.

• Paid Members

Meiko's not particularly interested. She's said that they first tried to sign her back around 2011, but her focus was on doing relief work following the Tsunami. Since then, she's said that her number one aim is running Sendai Girls, and raising the profile of women's wrestling worldwide, and that she's happy to work with WWE but only if she's able to continue her other commitments alongside what they want from her. 

Archived