General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Would you take Yaya Toure for £1 a week? From his agent:

"We decided to dedicate the next season to Guardiola. I officially declare Yaya is ready to move to any of the Premier League top-6 clubs as a free agent and play for just £1 per week, with possible bonuses."

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It appears Wolves signed Afobe from Bournemouth the other day just to make a quick bit of cash.

Signed for £10 mil (approx) by triggering a clause with his loan deal. Now we're offloading him to Stoke for £12 mil.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Villa could be in some trouble. 

There's talk that they may be facing administration, there's no money to pay the tax bill.

I feel sympathy, even after Wyness and Dr Xi spoke absolute shit about Wolves and stirred the pot last season.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

There's talk that they may be facing administration, there's no money to pay the tax bill.

I feel sympathy, even after Wyness and Dr Xi spoke absolute shit about Wolves and stirred the pot last season.

They put all their eggs in the promotion basket and now their chickens are coming home to roost. I seem to be in some sort of chicken cliche hell this evening. 

• Paid Members

Jesus, it appears Villa may be taking out a mammoth loan to pay off HMRC, with interest it could cripple them financially for years. 

They may have failed FFP as well which means a fine (that they potentially can't pay) and points deduction for next season is inbound.

How do you fail FFP with parachute payments coming in? 

They are in serious trouble. Their Chinese investor doesn't have the means to take cash out of China and invest it in the club anymore either.

• Paid Members

If you're got 15 minutes or so, would heartily recommend taking a look at this excellent overview of the career of Lev Yashin on the BBC website. Didn't appreciate the extent to which he is still a Russian national icon and it's a nice overview of a player who is almost semi-mythical due to the time he played and the country in which he mostly did so.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/yashin 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

Amazon have the rights to 20 matches for 3 years from 2019. People had been talking about them coming in for a while. I suppose this is a 3 year trial to see how well it does. Will more people get Amazon prime for 20 matches? If you add it to what you already get it is not bad.

I think I mainly like the highlights, so I can watch highlights without BBC pundits being on my screen.

• Paid Members

Amazon have won the rights to air some Prem games and all highlights next season. I really think this is Amazon dipping it's toe into the water for the next time they come up.

Either way it's the first time I get to watch Premier League games on proper telly at home for just under 10 years when I gave Sky the heave-ho.

• Paid Members

I was about to joke that you haven't needed to watch Premier League since your Paul Ince days, completely forgetting you had a three-season spell not that long ago. How on earth did I forget that? Was it that unmemorable?! Now I try hard to remember, I recall you signing Jelle Van Damme and thinking at the time that he could be a good signing for you (he wasn't). I also remember Terry Connor looking very uncomfortable during interviews.

The Amazon deal doesn't come as a surprise, everyone suspected it would be either them or Facebook. I wonder if this will end up benefiting all clubs. It's guaranteed income, but I wonder how that compares VS potential loss of revenue of the possibility of fewer fans. That said, when it comes to the midweek games, attendances are usually much lower anyway, and the season ticket seats are already paid for. Will be interesting to see some figures a year from now.

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

Amazon have won the rights to air some Prem games and all highlights next season. I really think this is Amazon dipping it's toe into the water for the next time they come up.

Either way it's the first time I get to watch Premier League games on proper telly at home for just under 10 years when I gave Sky the heave-ho.

I think that deal starts at the beginning of the 2019-2020 season rather than next season.

Archived