ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Paid Members

I'd rather have Sysum as top baby face than Grado. He has a much better look, although he's not really had chance to show whether he can cut a good promo or anything yet. 

I bet the live shows will be decent and easier to watch than they are on the TV. They've got a decent roster and I'd like to think they'll be given time to have better matches. There's nothing that's really near me though. 

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Who is actually writing the show? Is it Alex Shane on his own, or is there a small team?

I don't know  however Doug Williams , under his non wrestling name Douglas Durdle is listed as consultant  i'd imagine he's something to do with the on screen product .

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, CliveG said:

I don't know  however Doug Williams , under his non wrestling name Douglas Durdle is listed as consultant  i'd imagine he's something to do with the on screen product .

Douglas Durdle is a fantastic name. I mean, I can understand why he changed it for his wrestling character, but what a brilliant name!

• Awards Moderator

He'd need a Pat Mustard moustache to really complete the look.

It would have only taken a couple of letters to really fit in with the 'Anarchist' nickname as well. Considering he came along not so long after Fight Club, 'The Anarchist' Douglas Durden could have worked well.

• Paid Members

We spoke to Epic Studio's manager for anyone interested.

"The only challenges were post production. The set up and the filming for us was business as usual. It was a similar lay out and it works. It’s nice that ITV listen to us. They listened to our feedback, they saw our shows and realised we needed to do it this way or that because the pilot didn’t quite hit the nail on the head."

https://vulturehound.co.uk/2018/07/kris-mccarthy-of-epic-studios-wos-is-british-wrestling-on-an-epic-scale/

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Douglas Durdle is a fantastic name. I mean, I can understand why he changed it for his wrestling character, but what a brilliant name!

He should come to the ring painted green with a bandana with holes in around his eyes, as Mutant Ninja Durdle.

By Ep4, it had lost 42% of its audience from the first. Last figure I remember seeing reported was around 540,000 for Ep3. It might still be around that figure, but @JNLister would have more info on that sort of thing.

I think there’s more chance of Inner-City Sumo being commissioned than this getting a second series, which is a shame because the actual wrestling has been good, very good in places. But the whole thing has been letdown by choppy editing and a poor job of introducing & developing characters, which is what wrestling is all about

• Paid Members

Unfortunately the guy on DigitalSpy forums who has BARB access stopped posting as many details for some reason. Week five was up to around 700,000, so still way below what you'd want from the timeslot but moving in the right direction. No word on week 6.

One small point of comfort is that ITV is having a mare generally with more high profile shows like X-Factor and Vanity Fair bombing (for their timeslots), so it's not like WOS is the bomb of the summer.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is it doing any better on the repeat showings? Or is this 400,000 across all showings? 

all the figures i believe are first showing. May also include +1. But doesn't include the late night repeat on ITV Player. Some shows are more viewed on-line now days so I am interested at the real numbers.

Archived