ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd actually been enjoying this up to yesterday. Sadly, Saturday's show was the worst of the bunch so far. Some really noticeable botches they didn't edit around, and although I've posted at length before about not the public perhaps not taking much of an issue with the multiple camera cuts, some of the cuts in this episode were nonsensical - sometimes they'd cut to a crowd shot just as a move was about to be completed, then other occasions they're in close on a move as it's about to happen to they go to a wider shot from a mile away. This tells me they're mixing live without recording each camera on a tape feed as a backup, so they couldn't go back and cut around this if they wanted to, which is bonkers to me.Ā 

They actually book Crater brilliantly - when he does eventually get knocked off his feet or beaten it's going to come across as a big moment, which is exactly how an imposing big man should be booked in order to keep their aura. Pity his look/gear is just so low-rent because it ruins the presentation.Ā 

Still maintain there's some good quality wrestling to be found on WOS but with dwindling numbers and below-par editing in Episode 5 won't help it in the slightest.Ā 

Liam Slater was robbed. He had the guy pinned- the rulez~! #justiceforslater

Only one shocking bit of commentary from Shane this week (amongst his usual cringeworthy nonsense):

ā€If youā€™ve got no arm, you canā€™t make a tagā€, but you may bleed out and die.

I find myself checking either here or my doing other stuff more and more each episode. Iā€™ll give it one more to see how they finish the tag title tournament asĀ theyā€™ve gone and put two heel teamsĀ in the final,Ā but itā€™s running on fumes at this point

• Moderators

The Old Man watched it this morning at Family Breakfast. "It's too fast", was his opinion. Which I gleaned meant the camera cuts.. Which is what everyone has said, I think. Also, there's a massive lack of vignettes. If someone is on the next show, make a music video! Who they are, and How we should feel about them. That could be accomplished in a 30 second video. But it's all in the can now, so impossible.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

The Old Man watched it this morning at Family Breakfast. "It's too fast", was his opinion. Which I gleaned meant the camera cuts.. Which is what everyone has said, I think. Also, there's a massive lack of vignettes. If someone is on the next show, make a music video! Who they are, and How we should feel about them. That could be accomplished in a 30 second video. But it's all in the can now, so impossible.

This was the major issue I had with the first episode. The wrestling itself has been to a good standard throughout but if you don't introduce characters with quick vignettes to people then you don't build that connection, then you're fucked. WWE proved you can do this in an hour timeslot with the Cruiserweight and Mae YoungĀ Classics, so a similar quick intro sequence like that for the guys would have done wonders.Ā 

I think the worst case of introducing someone with no vignettes happened this week. They showed the match graphic for the womenā€™s battle royale featuring ā€œthe entireā€ division, and showed all four of them onscreen. Come match time, Kasey Owens comes out in the intros despite having neverĀ been mentioned at any point or appeared in any capacity. Theyā€™d added a fifth woman since the start of the program, and didnā€™t mention it, they didnā€™t even have the ring announcer make a surprise announcement after everyone else came out, she was just there

18 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

This tells me they're mixing live without recording each camera on a tape feed as a backup, so they couldn't go back and cut around this if they wanted to, which is bonkers to me.Ā 

That's interesting. Ā I didn't watch the whole thing but it was glaring when Viper got eliminated from the Battle Royale it looked like she had been hit in some way, only when the reply was shown I saw it was a super kick. Ā Pretty shoddy.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Edgehead said:

"... is one of the very best"

What else do you need for an introduction?

That's what the announcers told me about Tito Santana going into the Survivor Series 1990 main event, and I genuinely believed them.

52 minutes ago, eugenespeed said:

Just in case anyone didn't know, it's on at half fourĀ this weekĀ 

Thanks for that. I would have missed it šŸ˜Š

Is this to do with something else in the schedules or do we reckon ITV are now starting to reflect their dissatisfaction with the product or/and ratings?Ā 

Archived