Royal Rumble 2017 Discussion [Stats Edition]

tiger_rick

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't think he will ever get to number one but Cena has to at least now be in the conversation now for GOAT.

I'm not so sure Cena would be too highly placed in most people's GOAT lists, to be fair.

He should be.

I agree, for me he should be in any "conversation". Is he Number one, who knows, it is so subjective, but his body of work is absolutely incredible. Having stellar matches with a variety of opponents whilst doing all of his charity work, outside projects like Movies/TV and being a general company ambassador is nothing short of amazing to me.

• Paid Members

Corbin's T-Shirt is the one thing I don't like. The wolf looks like something you would see on the back of a fleece worn by your nan whilst she is driving her mobility scooter down the corner shop to get 10 Benson's and a tin of catfood. He really needs something better than that.

• Paid Members

In arguably the least interesting observation anyone has ever made... I was watching Cena Vs AJ last night, bastards the lot of you, look what you've done to me...  anyway, I noticed everytime they cut back from a replay the graphics package which had all of the names of the roster scrolling along said Zack Sabre Jr right at the centre of the screen.  Saw it every time.

Cock up, or has there been some news on him signing a deal?

• Paid Members

You should have tried looking at the posters in the magazine on the delay. I got the WWF Magazine the weeke before Rumble 93, and because we werent on the up and up about what was going on, I expected the Warrior, Bulldog, Kamala, Crush, Nailz etc. And did we fuck get them. I assume that's why there was so much shite in that Rumble. Last minute replacements for firings

royal_rumble_1993_poster.0.jpg

• Awards Moderator

I was thinking whilst watching it, despite the company trying to push Orton as Cena's great opponent of the ages, AJ has become the rival that defined Cena.

Except, if things play out the way it looks like, Randy will be the one to hand Cena his 17th reign and Orton's name will be attached to this momentous event :-(

AJ hasn't defined Cena. He's just the latest one to do the Cena vs Indie Wrestler storyline. They work brilliantly together, but it's still basically just another retread of Cena's rivalries with Punk, Bryan, Owens etc. I'd put the Punk feud and the Edge feud above it in terms of JC's most important battles.

I was thinking whilst watching it, despite the company trying to push Orton as Cena's great opponent of the ages, AJ has become the rival that defined Cena.

Except, if things play out the way it looks like, Randy will be the one to hand Cena his 17th reign and Orton's name will be attached to this momentous event :-(

I thought they were lining up Randy Vs Bray at Mania not Randy/Cena

I thought they were lining up Randy Vs Bray at Mania not Randy/Cena

Bray isn't getting the title between now and then.

Archived