Royal Rumble 2017 Discussion [Stats Edition]

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator

I was thinking whilst watching it, despite the company trying to push Orton as Cena's great opponent of the ages, AJ has become the rival that defined Cena.

Except, if things play out the way it looks like, Randy will be the one to hand Cena his 17th reign and Orton's name will be attached to this momentous event :-(

I thought they were lining up Randy Vs Bray at Mania not Randy/Cena

I meant down the line. At this rate, SummerSlam.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking whilst watching it, despite the company trying to push Orton as Cena's great opponent of the ages, AJ has become the rival that defined Cena.

Except, if things play out the way it looks like, Randy will be the one to hand Cena his 17th reign and Orton's name will be attached to this momentous event :-(

I thought they were lining up Randy Vs Bray at Mania not Randy/Cena

Bray isn't getting the title between now and then.

Big Dave has Bray Vs Orton as a lock at Wreslemania, he has been known to do his usual plans change line though

Probably easier for you to just avoid the forum then SJ as you are probably in the minority, I don't want to have to keep click on spoiler tags for Mania card details as I want to know how rubbish it is going to be this year.

• Paid Members

Half the meltzer stuff turns out to be shite, so reading what he thinks he knows, you will be in for a massive surprise when it happens

Indeed. Meltzer gets fed stories from his sources, but things always change and I'm sure he gets some bollocks thrown his way too.

I'm a bit late to the party but I thought the Rumble match was the best in ages, I really enjoyed it from start to finish. Braun looked amazing, Baron taking out Braun (with help from Zayn), Dillinger at 10, Elsworth and Ambrose and then all of the cool shit towards the end involving Brock, Goldy and Taker. I thought it was great stuff from start to finish... well, apart from the actually finish when Randy Orton won it but that's just a minor flaw in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, Roman coming out last was amazing and even better when he eliminated the Undertaker.

I don't recall anybody revealing that Shane would face Undertaker at Mania in HITC last year, that came totally out of the blue. 

Meltzer said Undertaker's Mania opponent was someone who wasn't currently on the roster a week or two Shane was announced.

I don't recall anybody revealing that Shane would face Undertaker at Mania in HITC last year, that came totally out of the blue. 

Meltzer said Undertaker's Mania opponent was someone who wasn't currently on the roster a week or two Shane was announced.

Wasn't everybody thinking people like Rock/Goldberg/Angle and the usual names? I don't remember Shane being thought about back then, could be wrong though. 

I've nothing against Meltzer, I just dislike the whole "Meltzer says this so it must be true" kind of opinion. I know criteria is hard to judge but I'd like to see a percentage/statistic analysis of his hit rate on rumours.

• Paid Members

I think the trouble starts when you get the cross-eyed divots on the secondary news sites trying to extrapolate stuff from him ramblings. It's amazing that there is a secondary business which involves listening to his podcast and writing it down. 

He gets misquoted by idiots all the time, but he's wrong a fair bit too. In those cases, it's probably because his sources are fucking with him, or he misunderstands something they say. It'd be easy enough for someone to tell him something as a joke and him think it's a serious scoop.

Archived