Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

It's easy to forget just how hot wrestling was at the time.

It's been 20 years and we haven't shut up about that period. It'll be a good while yet.

It's an insane moment. Both from the POV of the great reaction which is incredibly good and the booking decision which is absolute madness.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Goldberg beating Hogan for the title was 20 years ago today, almost certainly the biggest match in Nitro history. It's easy to forget just how hot wrestling was at the time.

I'll never forget it. The world was completely different to before and now. Everyone was into it. It wasn't a niche interest you hid any more. The merch was everywhere, the wrestlers were on proper TV like proper stars, it was worth getting excited about.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I have distinct memories of MVC having racks of WCW shirts around that time, I still wish I bought the Wolfpac one.

The nWo Wolfpac one? I bought one from wwe shop last month. 

14 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

He’s been wearing that gear for ages. Right around the time he started in the Cruiserweight Classic

I don't normally watch any of the Cruiserweight stuff. Only really noticed as I watched his match with Buddy Murphy from 205 Live this week. Cracking match too.

• Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

I don't normally watch any of the Cruiserweight stuff. Only really noticed as I watched his match with Buddy Murphy from 205 Live this week. Cracking match too.

They went about 25 minutes as well, which is quite the thing for a C-Show. Buddy Murphy's been quietly turning into one of the highlights of WWE the past few months.

Stupidity Disclaimer: in my defence I am slightly drunk.

I thought Extreme Rules was tonight, I saw it was listed at 1am on the network and put it on. It took me 45 minutes to realise I was watching 2017, not 2018.

Opening match was Dean Ambrose and The Miz. My only thought during the match was that I hadn’t noticed Ambrose was back or that he had won the Intercontinental Title. Miz was obviously now part of Raw as well. However other than that, fuck all had really changed. I don’t trust WWE to make any of these events mean anything so I genuinely thought it was possible that I had just missed this. 

Wasnt until half way through a Rich Swann match that it clicked what was going on. I’ve seen people say they can go a whole month and not miss much, I just went a whole year and didn’t miss much. I watched this show last year and it was apparently so forgetful that I didn’t even notice I was watching it again 

Put on a random PPV this afternoon, and the pop for the Headbangers winning the tag titles at Ground Zero 97 is absolutely massive!

Dunno why they went to the concessions stand with a crowd of people afterwards and gave them crisps though.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Just going to throw this in here since not exactly sure where best to put it: I was in Norfolk yesterday and today in a town called Sheringham and read Crazy Like a Fox in about 8 hours. More than likely anyone on here who was going to buy or read it will have done so already, but it's great. Really fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who has yet to read it. Question for Liam: do you get paid if I rent the book using my Prime subscription or only if I buy a copy outright?

@Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Remember when Eddie Guerrero won that last man standing match against Big Show by tyinghis legs tot he ropes so he couldn't get up? Eddie was great.

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Remember when Eddie Guerrero won that last man standing match against Big Show by tyinghis legs tot he ropes so he couldn't get up? Eddie was great.

Bloody Cena ripped him off and did it to Batista, but to be honest I did enjoy that.