Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Yeah pretty much. USWA Dallas and USWA. I've always found the situation there kind of confusing so John Lister could probably answer it a bit better. 

The dying throes of the WCCW were ace though. Highlights include Eric Embry puking up everywhere after being hit with a baseball bat and legit Reverend Mark Lowrance swearing on commentary. 

• Paid Members

Just watched the Kane/Undertaker HIAC match for the World Heavyweight Championship (it appeared on YouTube's recommendations) and haven't stopped laughing since hearing Michael Cole describe Paul Bearer as "The Father of Destruction." 

My only other observation being "LOL The Deadman got beaten by a torch." What a horrible finish. 

I've somehow ended up watching a bunch of 2004/2005 clips of RAW as this one Youtube channel is constantly in my recommendations, why is everyone near the top in a suit and looking like shit in one? Except Batista who's been looking awesome.

Also, sweat shows up so badly in those shirts, it's pretty gross.

Edited by Merzbow

• Awards Moderator
18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I've somehow ended up watching a bunch of 2004/2005 clips of RAW as this one Youtube channel is constantly in my recommendations, why is everyone near the top in a suit and looking like shit in one? Except Batista who's been looking awesome.

Was this not around the time they first brought in a dress code for the wrestlers, where they had to wear suits all the time?

55 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I've always had a disliking of guys wearing suits if it doesn't suit the gimmick, Horsemen, Evolution, MJF etc suit it cause you can imagine that's how they would dress, bragging about the cost etc

Faces shouldn't wear them with few exceptions like Batista.

35 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I've always had a disliking of guys wearing suits if it doesn't suit the gimmick, Horsemen, Evolution, MJF etc suit it cause you can imagine that's how they would dress, bragging about the cost etc

Faces shouldn't wear them with few exceptions like Batista.

This suit Davey Boy Smith wore a few years earlier was hilarious. Made him look 3 foot 4.

1 hour ago, IronSheik said:

This suit Davey Boy Smith wore a few years earlier was hilarious. Made him look 3 foot 4.

Also makes him look like a shite mafia member, looks like he's going to shoot Lee Strasberg in an airport 

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Goldberg vs Steiner vs Nash from New Blood Rising.

What was Goldberg "shooting" all about, he refuses to take Jackknife from Nash, walks out the ring and meets Russo who he tells to "fuck off"

Commentary is talking about Bill going into Buisness for himself, and asking what Nash n Steiner will do as it's now "off script", but are both pro's so should be able to wing it.

I know it's just standard Russo but this is so bizarre to watch, really can't see what it was to achieve

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Just watched Goldberg vs Steiner vs Nash from New Blood Rising.

What was Goldberg "shooting" all about, he refuses to take Jackknife from Nash, walks out the ring and meets Russo who he tells to "fuck off"

Commentary is talking about Bill going into Buisness for himself, and asking what Nash n Steiner will do as it's now "off script", but are both pro's so should be able to wing it.

I know it's just standard Russo but this is so bizarre to watch, really can't see what it was to achieve

Wasn’t it the first PPV after the Hogan/Jarrett incident? Probably playing up to that at a guess

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Wasn’t it the first PPV after the Hogan/Jarrett incident? Probably playing up to that at a guess

Was that a shoot? I always just assumed it was classic Russo "worked shoot" bullshit...

I was dead into WCW at the time as they showed Nitro on Bravo, I remember reading about the match in Power Slam and thinking it sounded shite, given it was barely mentioned in the weeks afterwards I imagine a fair few backstage thought the same 

The commentary was the worst thing about it, anyone watching who actually believed it was real would've realised it was bollocks when Schiavone started going on about improvising and the design of the match

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Was that a shoot? I always just assumed it was classic Russo "worked shoot" bullshit...

I always took it as being a Russo worked shoot bit of nonsense. Wasn’t there an interview in the build with Nash (I want to say that he was talking to Hudson) which was part kayfabe, part shoot (which was the style at the time) and Nash basically said “I’m winning that match, and Goldbergs taking a powerbomb”

Edited by WyattSheepMask