Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

I can only assume that by holding off on Sasha, fucking her credibility even, they think they can get a bigger pop down the line doing it with Bayley. I can kind of see that rationale but it is a little harsh on Sasha. Though as much as I love Sasha, Bayley will be the bigger star. Cameras showed a slightly 'touched' looking fella at Raw in a Never Give Up Shirt jumping up and down to Bayley's entrance - she is made.

I can only assume that by holding off on Sasha, fucking her credibility even, they think they can get a bigger pop down the line doing it with Bayley. I can kind of see that rationale but it is a little harsh on Sasha. Though as much as I love Sasha, Bayley will be the bigger star. Cameras showed a slightly 'touched' looking fella at Raw in a Never Give Up Shirt jumping up and down to Bayley's entrance - she is made.

What do you mean?

I can't be the only one baffled by this surely :D

I actually didn't have a problem with the table stuff at the end. I'm not even sure they were trying to break the table. Getting thrown onto it like that twice actually looked more brutal. I mean the size of Sasha, they're hardly likely to clean snap it in two. It was the Natural Selection after that I felt wasn't enough to finish it.

Anyway, Sashas' arse.

What do you mean?

Well it's not nice to assume from a short clip of somebody lol, but I just happened to clock a guy in the crowd who looked on the downs-syndrome spectrum of things proper enjoying Bayley on the last Raw. It's a good sign of wide/mass appeal anyway

What do you mean?

Well it's not nice to assume from a short clip of somebody lol, but I just happened to clock a guy in the crowd who looked on the downs-syndrome spectrum of things proper enjoying Bayley on the last Raw. It's a good sign of wide/mass appeal anyway

Understood, yes I'd probably agree. I went mental for her at the London Takeover, she's definitely got an X factor.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's received a fair amount of stick but I'm actually a fan of the card, which is:

WWE Championship - TLC Match - AJ Styles © vs Dean Ambrose

Smackdown Women's Championship - Tables Match - Becky Lynch © vs Alexa Bliss

Intercontinental Championship - Ladder Match - The Miz © vs Dolph Ziggler

No DQ Match - Nikki Bella vs Carmella

Chairs Match - Kalisto vs Baron Corbin

Smackdown Tag Team Championships - Heath Slater and Rhyno © vs Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt.

Maybe some pre-show match containing guys not on that main card, hopefully a spot somewhere for American Alpha.

I generally quite fancy the look of that card. Some of the stipulations (I'm looking at you, chair and table matches) can fuck off but apart from that it looks really solid. Everything on that card feels thought out, and an actual meaning behind the match actually taking place. I'd say all 6 of those matches have been built up pretty well considering how small the gap is now between PPV events. I'm all in on that main event as well - they should get a load of time with how small the rest of the card is, Ambrose has proven himself to thrive in this sort of environment, in particular with his matches against Rollins, and I'm fairly certain at this stage AJ could drag me to a good match. So whilst it's a card short on name value perhaps, I'm pleased with how well this card has been built up. Plus, the last two Smackdown PPV events haven't looked amazing on paper, but both were a very pleasant surprise.

• Paid Members

I'm really hoping that Baron Corbin vs Kalisto can deliver a dramatic Chairs match. Corbin was excellent on Talking Smack 2 weeks ago where his argument with Daniel Bryan led to the match being made, but they haven't had that much TV time so they need a good, all action match. It doesn't need to be too long bell to bell, maybe 7-8 minutes with Corbin looking dominant but Kalisto having short, explosive spells of hope.

• Paid Members

Corbin is growing on me, maybe it's because he reminds me a little bit of Barry Windham for some reason. Plus he's actually trying to be a heel, rather than a cool dude who opposes faces, It looks like a decent card, though, I'm hoping they don't do one of those hokey finishes where Becky falls through a table and loses the title by accident and still anticipating Ellsworth costs Ambrose the title so he can have his shot at AJ based off the fact that he's beaten him 3 times, then gets absolutely destroyed because Ambrose leaves him to it,

Looking forward to tonight. I think Smackdown has done a really great job of telling stories leading up to TLC it's just a shame Survivor Series got stuck in the middle as a needless distraction.

With Corbin, Miz, Carmella and Alexa you've four proper heels and four decent stories as well.

I'd like to see Miz and AJ retain and suspect the Wyatt will get the tag titles.

Lynch and Bliss will be just another step on the road with whoever loses saying they were never pinned or tapped. Carmella is doing the job tonight.

Kalisto match could be fun. They really just have to replicate Rey and he could get over and as the underdog baby face.

Not bothered about the main but I think that's just because I can't care about Ambrose.