Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Phenomonal main event. As enjoyable as any match this year. No idea how on earth they're going to expain that swerve but fuck it, I loved it. WWE can be so sterile these days that something like this when it happens matters. AJ's wrestler of the year award was never in doubt but this cements it. He's not heel of the year though. He's pure babyface.

The tables match is the absolute go to match for having a Champ avoid a job. It's almost a spoiler.

I love the Wyatts and Orton stuff. Love an odd couple. Love two proper stards holding the tag belts. Still love Bray Wyatt. I love that with every sho, particularly the big ones, you're waiting for the Orton turn. I hope they can hold it off until it really means something.

That 450 splash to the outside through a table was superb. Saw it coming a mile off but my jaw still dropped. Quite a few people on here predicted that ending and the reason why, so it wasn't that surprising. Ellsworth confirmed it on Talking Smack afterwards too.

I missed the tag match but read about it, what was with them putting the title belts around Harper? Is it a New Day/Freebird tag setup, or were they just too tired to hold them...?

• Paid Members

I missed the tag match but read about it, what was with them putting the title belts around Harper? Is it a New Day/Freebird tag setup, or were they just too tired to hold them...?

Not quite sure. Bray did it as a sort of "That was a nice moment but I don't need this trophy" gesture. Orton's was possibly a sign of thanks after Harper took a bullet (well a gore) for him outside the ring.

Always thought is Bray had a singles title, he'd just have his disciples defend it for him half the time anyway. They might go with that here. An Orton/Harper team could be ace. Pity there aren't many decent opponents.

• Paid Members

Not quite sure. Bray did it as a sort of "That was a nice moment but I don't need this trophy" gesture. Orton's was possibly a sign of thanks after Harper took a bullet (well a gore) for him outside the ring.

Always thought is Bray had a singles title, he'd just have his disciples defend it for him half the time anyway. They might go with that here. An Orton/Harper team could be ace. Pity there aren't many decent opponents.

There's the inevitable rematch, American Alpha, Dare I suggest the Brothers Hype? A series against the Usos would be interesting.

Great B PPV.

Nothing offensively bad and some matches turning out much better than expected.

I actually really enjoyed the table match. Sure as tiger posted it was obviously to avoid Lynch doing the job, but I thought it was well worked.

The chairs match was brutal fun.

David Otunga is legitimately one of the worst commentators in history. Jibbles and Mama Mia actually seem to ignore him %75 of the time.

Why was Tom Phillips out there?

Replays of fan reactions. Fuck off with that shit.

Baron Corbyn is great on Talking Smack. That show really brings out the best in people sometimes.

Loving the Wyatt storyline. Bray and Randy as tag champions should be fun viewing.

Hope that is the last of Miz/Ziggler now. Their feud has been much stronger than expected but both need to move onto something else.

Solid ladder match as well.

Accidentally spoiled the main event but it was top stuff. Didn't someone on here mention the idea of Ellsworth being delusional to the point that he believes he can beat AJ for the Title? Well they are going with that story.

Shocking thing is I'm actually not %100 behind Ellsworth losing. Sure it's more like %98 but there is a nagging thought in the back of my head saying shock upset which is a credit to how well everything has played out.

Miz and Bryan are top draw on Talking Smack once again.

• Paid Members

Do we get Ellsworth Vs Styles this week on Smackdown, or does it go down the week of what Raw should have called Starrcade? Whenever it happens I see one of two things happening: Either Styles absolutely destroys Ellsworth to prove that without Ambrose's help he's nothing or Ambrose gets involved and costs Ellsworth the belt, dare I say setting up a triple threat for the Royal Rumble?

Edit: We get it this week on Smackdown. Daniel Bryan is great bollocking Ellsworth on Talking Smack. Was a bit weird watching Alexa Bliss break character and then snap back into it, though. Why have I never watched Talking Smack before? It's great fun.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I'm going to predict a leftfield opponent for AJ at Royal Rumble- Rhyno. It's not unusual for WWE to have a title challenger that isn't normally/yet at that level (Razor Ramon in 93, Hardcore Holly in 2004), so they aren't losing big names for the Rumble match. Plus, whoever AJ will be wrestling will be a one-PPV mini feud before WrestleMania rather than the seemingly usual three-PPV match series. You wouldn't want somebody too big in that match, because you'd rather save it for a proper feud later on and also nobody tunes in to the Rumble for the title matches.

They had a little altercation at the end of Smackdown, that's when the thought first popped into my head. Now that AJ has retained and the Wyatts won the tag titles as expected, it paves the way. Although they'll probably just do another Ellsworth match instead.

Plus, AJ could do with a clean win.

Edited by PunkStep

Well I really enjoyed that. Kinda sums up Smackdown solid with ever being special.

Main was better than expected even with the dodgy ending.

Watching last night and for a split second I thought Ellsworth was going to climb the ladder.

Only real complaint is that the camera work is shit.

Are they working these? Seems like they're planted people to react

Love two proper stards holding the tag belts. 

Eugene & Festus?

Really good show that.

The Orton/Wyatts stuff is just interesting and hot and yeah, hope it can be drawn out into something special, plus them together as a Wrestlemania act > them having a Wrestlemania match. Also really liked the symbolism of giving Harper the belts, good storytelling after Harper took the gore showing that even Harper now has gained trust for Orton. Fucking hell, even Erick Rowan will have something to do whenever he returns - keep it going.

Carmella and Nikki pulled out a really decent brawl.

Cracking IC match, that figure four with the ladder looked excruciating and just great psychology throughout. Miz rules

Corbin/Kalisto was probably the surprise gem of the night. Big credit to both guys for being creative with a shit match gimmick and getting the crowd back onside after the IC match.

Bliss/Becky was probably the only disappointment of the night, though I could kind of see it coming cos table matches rarely come off particularly well. Crowd were pretty dead for it but no issue with the title change in that manner.

The main event was just great again. AJ Styles is made of fucking rubber, how is not incapacitated after that landing from the springboard 450 to the outside!? The finish didn't irk me too much, Ellsworth was pretty funny on Talking Smack and should be fun in the arrogant spaz with two hands who thinks he has a chance role for the next few weeks. 

Weird idea perhapsbut Ellsworth is such a pitiful guy when next to the wrestlers, they could maybe execute a double turn when Dean Ambrose just doesn't stop beating the shit out of him. Like, a really drawn out pummeling. Wish it was a decade ago and the kid could blade. Maybe even have Ellsworth eliminate Ambrose in the Rumble in a shock, maybe another horrific beating but he still keeps turning up to TV, could replicate the Lesnar/Gowen wheelchair thing maybe, then they have a Mania match with Ellsworth's career on the line which he obviously loses. I guess you could keep Ellsworth a heel through that but if there is a zany character that can change alignment twice in a couple months it's Ellsworth

Was worried how the two ladder matches would differentiate themselves but one was about heat, psychology and selling with a few spots and the other was about great high spots, crazy shit and AJ Fucking Styles. Both match of the year contenders, which there are a lot of. 2016, PPV-wise has been a cracking year. I don't think there's been a poor one since Survivors of 2015.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Well I really enjoyed that. Kinda sums up Smackdown solid with ever being special.

Watching last night and for a split second I thought Ellsworth was going to climb the ladder.

Ellsworth climbing the ladder himself and stealing the title would have been interesting going forward. I'm surprised we've not had a MITB cash-in during a ladder match yet. Trot out, fresh as a daisy, push them both off before cashing in then climbing up to grab the belt. The heat for that could be ridiculous.

• Paid Members

Ellsworth climbing the ladder himself and stealing the title would have been interesting going forward. I'm surprised we've not had a MITB cash-in during a ladder match yet. Trot out, fresh as a daisy, push them both off before cashing in then climbing up to grab the belt. The heat for that could be ridiculous.

I said this last year. When it was Sheamus vs Reigns in a TLC match, they started brawling into the crowd late on. It would've been great if there was a money in the bank winner who just came out while they was distracted, climbed the ladder and won.

Great main event last night. Ellsworth was great on Talking Smack. Love the way they're going with it. I thought it would be Ellsworth realising Deans been a Cunt to him. Gotta say, James Ellsworth is more confident and competent on the mic that a lot of people on the main roster.

• Paid Members

Gotta say, James Ellsworth is more confident and competent on the mic that a lot of people on the main roster.

He was brought in as a joke and has gotten over like rover. He sold that ladder push brilliantly. It'd be quite amusing to see him with Goldberg and/or Lesnar at some point during the Rumble. You can tell he's having a whale of a time and making the most of this opportunity that's come his way.